chapter 60

The week went over quickly and the weekend came. Another one with Jojo and damn i loved this girl. I had a kind of mother feeling for her. She was such a cute, kind and loving person.

As soon as Galina brought Jojo to us, we grabbed our stuff and drove to a small lake. Since the early morning hours i was busy with preparing a picnic and packing our bags with swim clothes and everything we would need. This my way to avoid Galina. There were many people i hated or disrespected, but Galina was the only person i had no feelings for. As soon as I saw her i became emotionless.

We were on our way to the small lake and Jojo was a bunch of nerves, beyond excited. Galina bought her a new pink swimsuit with horses, just for today. Jojo asked every single minute if she could wear it now. Not only her mother bought something fot her, i bought a purple unicorn for the water for her. We arrived at the lake and Jojo jumped immediately out of the car. She opened the trunk and took her tiny bag out of it. "Can i change now Chris?" "Just a minute sweetheart." I smiled at her. Joe and i took the rest out of the trunk and went to the small beach, which was manmade. We found a place to sit down. "Can i now?" Jojo asked while i looked for my bikini. "Wait... Yes, now we can go." I said once i found my stuff. Joelle cheered and ran to the restroom near by.

Jojo and her dad were in the water and played together, while I set up the picnic. Strawberries, bananas and other fruits, a salad, mini hamburger and hot dogs laid on the blanket. Not even a minute later Jojo jumped on my lap and began to eat. After we finished the picnic i pulled the unicorn out of a bag and showed it Jojo. "Aw look a unicorn!" "Yes and it's just for you." "Really? Aww thank you Chris!" She hugged me tight. "Is it for the water?" "Yes, but dad has to blow it up." I laughed. "Oh would you daddy? Please..." The cute puppy face of Jojo made me laugh again.

Jojo and i were in the water playing with her unicorn as the sky darkened. "I guess it's time to leave Jojo." I said looking up. "Oh no, i want to stay." "Sweetheart, it's maybe impossible. Look at the clouds. We should change our clothes and go home." Right in that moment Joe called for us. We made our way out of the water and changed quickly in our dry clothes. We put our stuff together and brought it in the car. I helped Jojo to get in the car and to fasten her seatbelt as it started to thunder. "Oh right in time..." i mumbled and closed Jojo's door. Once i sat down on the passenger seat i noticed that Jojo was about to cry. "What's up sweetheart?" "I'm scared..." "Aw you don't have to. It's over soon and daddy will bring you back home now." "But we're outside. Mom said i'm not allowed to go out if it's like this." "It's not that bad Jojo. You're in a car, so you're actually inside." I tried to calm her down. "And when the lighting hits the car?" "Well, that's not worse. The car is made from metal and as soon the lighting hits the car it's already in the ground. Just imagine the car is like a raincoat, it protects you from the rain and the thunderstorm." "Really?" "Yes. Don't worry Jojo." I smiled and managed to calm her down.

*Joe's POV*

I heard how Chris calmed my daughter down and it was amazing. She was born to be a mother, her smooth and relaxed voice, how she explained Jojo everything. It was great to see how they acted when they were together. We were almost a little family.

We arrived back home and the nearer we came the nervous i got. I wanted to asked Chris a few things. I wanted to bring this relationship on the next level. I wanted her around me, i wanted her to live here. Since weeks i planned to ask her and now it became serious.