Chapter four- Pair

After dinner, Natsu went straight to his house, I to mine, and the others to theirs. I felt so lonely, usually Natsu would creep into my window and start trying to steal my novel, or sleep in my bed. I would yell at him to get out, but really, I wouldn't mind if he stayed...

I grabbed the note, Luna... What could that mean? And to blame myself later? I hated not knowing what was going on. Through my confusion I heard a knock on the door, fist thought – Oh crap! That girl's back and is gonna kill me! Second thought- oh right... I invited Levy over today...

“Luce? You in there?” Yup, not the creepy girl, just my second-best Fairy Tail friend.

I opened the door for her, welcoming her in.

“So how's it going? Did you do it?” I asked eagerly, “Erm, not IT! But like, ya know...” I amended, blushing.

“No, I'm so scared!” the blue-haired girl blushed deeply, folding her fingers and sitting on my desk.

“I know right! It's terrifying!” I agreed, she responded with a terse nod, “Hey, Levy, I bet Gajeel feels the same way, haven't you noticed him hanging around you a lot?” She grinned, pleased by the thought, then her head shot up,

“Lucy? You've noticed Natsu right?” She changed the subject,

“Of course, how could I not.” I plopped down onto my bed, “I just wish he'd tell me what's wrong...” I groaned and flopped onto my back. “Life's so complicated.”

“Yeah, but guess what?” she perked up,

“What?”

“So I asked around and got some data.” So nerdy in a way that only Levy can make sound cute, “and like half the guild thinks that you and Natsu are dating!” she giggled, tipping the chair back, “And I drew up some charts, I figured out who everyone likes, some of them are serious shockers.”

“Really? Lemme see.” I demanded.

“K.” she pulled out a notebook with a bunch of sketches of guild members in it. Many of them had lines attaching their names to another member's. The one that made me burst out laughing was that tough-guy Elfman seemed to have the hots for Evergreen. But that was far from the weirdest, that spot was taken by an... awkward... love triangle. Laxus liked Mira-jane, Mira liked Freed, and... Freed was in love with Laxus.

That one knocked me off my chair, that green-haired rune mage must not know what the term 'love' is, because that wasn't exactly the correct term for how he seemed to care for Laxus.

Next I came to Erza, she was marked across to Jellal, I sat back up and frowned, Jellal, Erza's childhood sweetheart, savior on several occasions, was in prison at the magic council.

Levy took back the book, tapping the line with Erza,

“Poor girl.”

“That is never, ever how I would describe her!” I whispered forcefully, glancing to the side to make sure she wasn't anywhere near.

“Just think though, At least WE love someone that's near us all the time, she hasn't seen him in probably six months now.” We turned away from each other, looking at the walls and windows, wondering about our own odd romances.

“I guess so, but he's lost his memories, and before then he tried to kill her, how can she forgive him for that?”

“Love does strange things to the mind and body, Love causes the world to spin out of proportion, and re-arrange itself to better fit the couple. Love is pain and joy, purity and corruption; it has always been a force to be reckoned with.”