twenty six | guts

°•

Crissle believed she wasn't made for periods.

Mother Nature created this thing that she could not handle every month. She was dramatic with it, as she always was with anything slight.

Cramps weren't even bad. The hormones, however, overpowered the bleeding and the mood swings.

Ever girl's time of the month was different, but Crissle's was out of the ordinary. She was extremely hormonal with barely any heavy flow whatsoever. She just...she was always horny and emotional.

And it was worse because her and Zayn were on good terms for a month or so now and they still hadn't had sex yet.

Why? Crissle thought Zayn just felt really bad about the whole thing -- calling her dumb and whatnot -- but she was over it. Like, really, she was fine, and he reassured her almost everyday that he was sorry and she wasn't stupid.

Crissle slipped on a pair of leggings and a crop top. She put on floor length cardigan -- her favorite -- and all white shoes. She did not care, she was going to work just like this.

zayn🐯: are you okay? need the day off?

cris🐣: no I'm coming

zayn🐯: be safe babe

Crissle snatched her car keys off the table and walked out of her apartment.

°•

Not only did Zayn know when it was her time of the month, but so did the whole office. Every floor knew and could tell.

Crissle didn't dress up as much when she was going through the motions, she also didn't smile as much and she'd cry out of nowhere for no reason whatsoever.

She sat at her desk, staring at her emails and twirling her now curly hair around her fingers absentmindedly. Sometimes she'd sweat, sometimes she'd shiver.

And it was worse because Olivia was here.

"Do you need anything--"

"Nope."

"Can I--"

"Nope."

"Crissle--"

"Yes, Olivia," Crissle smiled sarcastically, "are you going to ask if I need anything else? I don't need anything and I don't need you. I'm fine," Crissle got up and walked towards the break room, ignoring when people made it their mission to move out of her way. She opened the refrigerator and looked for something to eat.

"There's no food!" she shouted, sinking to the ground and letting the stupid tears fall down her face, "all I ask is for food and there is none."

"Would you like something to eat?"

Olivia was pushing it, but Crissle was too hungry and too sad at the moment.

"Please," Crissle pouted, "Subway. The usual, but I want two," she fished out her credit card and handed it to Olivia, "you can get whatever you want. Sorry."

"Um...okay?" Olivia took the card, "I'll be right back."

"I hope so," Crissle grumbled.

"Hey, Liv. Crissle, what are you doing?"

"Can't you see?" she gestured to the open refrigerator, "I need food, and there's no food."

"Come on," Andrea dragged her to her office, shutting the door behind them. Crissle sat on her desk, her tears still streaming down her face.