Chapter 3

Sitting at the passengers’ seat of my dad’s truck felt like I was riding a roller coaster at a carnival because, he was driving too fast and, seemed more excited than I was to be back down to Orlando. It seemed like time was going back to my first summer with Lyka but, the only thing is that my mom is not with us. When I told my parents earlier this morning that I moved the trip today my mom was upset because she only had me for one day but then she let me go because, she told me that she loved me and if going today was what makes me happy then, so be it!

            My dad and I didn’t talk that much on the drive down, and only spoke when he had to stop over for gas, and I had to take a bathroom break. Even though he seemed so hyped up on the trip I could see that he really was tired from work because of the lines under his eyes, and his frequent yawning. If only I could drive then I must have borrowed the Porsche Panamera 4s of mom. The cool summer breeze welcomed me as we drove into Orlando, seeing the small stores and the beach seemed like nothing change, since the first time I went here. I fell asleep for a few minutes and when I woke up the car was parked right in front of the coffee shop.

            “Baby it seems like you don’t want to get off the car so I didn’t wake you up.”

            “Didn’t want to get off? Why is that?”

            “You were clutching on your seatbelt really tight baby”

            “Oh! I must have been dreaming dad.”

            “Baby I called Lyka awhile back and told her your coming.”

            “You called her? Well I was supposed to surprise her dad anyway I didn’t tell you earlier so it’s okay.”

            “Sorry baby,”

            “Its okay dad, well you have to get going so good bye and I will be staying here for long but, I’ll keep in touch I promise.”

            “For long?”

            “Dad I want to help Lyka and it is like the second day of summer so yea.”

            “Okay baby but promise me that you’ll call us okay?”

            “Yes dad, love you, Take care on your way back to Cali!”

            “Love you baby.”

            Watching the truck wheel out of the parking lot made me wonder, did I make the right choice of coming early? At least it seems like I was too early to arrive at the shop and Lyka isn’t here just yet. Good thing I packed a lot of books with me! Bringing out The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks and earphones on I sat on one of the tables and waited for Lyka to arrive. At times I would steal glances at people jogging at the other end of the road. While reminiscing my past again my phone vibrated.

            Akeena?

            Hey :) yes? What is it Phil?

            Are you in Orlando?

            Just arrived a few minutes ago, why?

            I thought waking up early today meant that I could be with you sexy but, it doesn’t seem like it :(

            Awwww :3 I’m so sorry, :|

            I was even planning to bring over some pancakes for you :(

            I am so sorry Phil, I really am :(

            It’s okay, I’m glad to hear that you arrived there safely :))

            Yeap I did :D

            Well it’s still early so ima climb back to bed :) see you in a few hours sexy!

            Few hours? What do you mean?

            Is he coming to Orlando just for me? No! this can’t be. What did he truly intend when he told me that he will be seeing me in a few hours? Did he mean that he will be coming here? Driving down here will only take 30 minutes and he has the privilege to drive his dad’s car. I would have to confirm his text to me again when he wakes up and, right now I’m crossing my fingers that my thesis isn’t right.

            “Excuse me miss but, our coffee shop isn’t open in another 30 minutes.”

            Taking off my earphones I looked up to see the guy who was standing right in front of me. I dropped my book on the floor and just stared at him. I didn’t drool over him or anything but, he seemed really familiar to me but, he didn’t know me. I stood up and cleared my eyes to see who the guy was, I was looking for signs and seeing the 3 anklets that were tied to his right wrist I was right! He was indeed Luke. I picked up my book, put back my earphones on, and quietly apologized to him.

            I knew that when I turned my back on him he was watching me—studying me. I’m really glad he didn’t know me and that I changed since the first time we met. This meant that I was more matured and ready to face any complications or obstacles that would fall on my path but—wait! no! no! this can’t be happening. Why are tears rolling down my cheeks? I walked faster and faster someone was shouting my name.

            “Akeena! Akeena! Akeena! Wait Akeena!”

            I pretended not to hear him and walked faster. Every time he shouted my name it felt like I was being stabbed right through my heart. Why did he come back? With so many people passing by me why had he be the first person I would see? I knew it! I felt it that he would be back. Why was he working for the coffee shop of MY cousin? What did he want from me? Ugh! Here goes all the questions again. Hearing heavy footsteps behind me I walked faster not caring if I bumped somebody.

            “Watch where you are going miss.”

            Being grabbed by the arm I turned around to see who it was, a guy a little bit taller with black hair stared at me. I thanked him for saving me and I watched him walk down the corner. Thank goodness he grabbed me in time or else I would have been lying on the pavement with a hysteric driver asking if I was okay. I realized that the sidewalk the guy disappeared into was the direction I had to take to get to the house of Lyka. My cousin was indeed lucky not to be living in a development like I do because she doesn’t need to worry about participating into so many activities held by the association.