Chapter 11

Sitting on the end of the coffee shop today, I just can’t keep still. I do not understand why I feel like something is going to go wrong. Watching Philip chew his food, I just can’t eat. I don’t even have the appetite to eat my food, even though it’s my favourite. I just keep on glancing at the door, waiting for them to come inside.

“Akeena? Don’t you like the food you got? You can order another one you know, you don’t have to just stare at it.”

“No-no, it’s not like that, I just don’t have the appetite to eat, and too worried I guess?”

“But why don’t you have the appetite to eat?”

“Because, uhmmmmm, I’m worried”

The words stuttered out of my mouth.

“Akeena whats wrong? For real?”

“I guess, I’m worried because Luke and the couple are going to see us in here, any moment now.”

“Sexy! Goodness! Do I have to slap your beautiful face to remind that you are with me right now and not with them?”

“No, it’s okay, I still remember.”

“So focus on me please, not them, or him.”

“I will try to focus on you, and not on him.”

“Don’t just try sexy, do it.”

“Alright.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“Good.”

Even though I promised him that I will just focus on him, I still can’t stop glancing at the door and at the clock pinned to the wall. Every time the small hand lands on number twelve I look at door to see if someone comes in but, they never came through the door. I got really impatient and so I stood up and finally walked up to the girl at the counter. I asked her where the owner was and she said that all three of them were at the beach.