Chapter 9

I couldn’t believe that I just declined my conversation with the person who broke my     heart. Why did I even answer the call on the first place? I allow my emotions to dominate my thoughts, I know it is wrong to fall in love with someone who already has someone else but, I am being honest, I told him what I feel, and I know what I did was right. Charlotte is just kind to me and I don’t want her to have a broken heart just because, I love Luke. Letting go of him just shows how much I love him. I don’t why but, I felt really different when I spoke to him awhile back.

            I felt like we were together again, but for some reason it didn’t feel right. I know I was being honest but, I should know my limits. I should have thought about the fact that he was already taken, my goodness! I was being really stupid! But, I was really glad that we talked again, and I didn’t run away, even though we weren’t together anymore, I’m happy, and for once I realized that the guy who broke my heart, still cares about me.

            Akeena?

            The thought of hooking up with him again flew away, and I came back to reality. I remembered that Philip was supposed to pick me up. Thank goodness it wasn’t pouring hard anymore, and the sky was already clearing. There was still mist left above the sea but, twinkling stars were already showing up in the sky. The waters already calmed down, and the storm left.

Sorry Philip, where are you?

Akeena I called you like a lot of times, you made me worried sick, do you know that?

I’m really sorry, the signal was just really bad awhile back, you know with the heavy rain and all.

Oh, alright I understand I arrived here 15 minutes ago; I’m in front of the Mystic Café.

That’s my cousins’ coffee shop; alright I’ll be there in a minute.

Don’t you want me to go to you? Will you be alright walking in the street alone late at night?

Do you trust me Phil?

Yes,

Then trust in me, that I’ll be there, so wait for me alright?

Okay.

The only lights that were guiding my path towards the coffee shop were the lampposts. Seeing him standing outside his truck staring into nowhere meant that he was thinking really deep.

“What are you thinking about?”

“Have you been standing there for long now? You look like a creeper Akeena”

“No, I just arrived, thank goodness the rain stopped, how was your trip?”

“Yes, I was glad the rain stopped, my trip was fine, when I learned about your situation, I told my dad there was an emergency but, I didn’t tell him that I was going to pick you up. Do you know how much I panic because of what you did? You shouldn’t have gone sexy.”

He walked up towards me, and he hugged me really tight, as if he hasn’t seen me for a few months now. My cheeks actually flushed when he told me that, he panic and worried for me. I feel bad for him though, because he was always there when I was at my worst. I hugged him back, and said:

“Thank you very much Philip, I don’t know how to pay you back, for all the good things that you have done just for me.”

“You don’t have to pay me back Akeena, as I said on our pool conversation, I’d do anything just for you to realize, that I am worthy of loving a girl like you.”

“Thank you so much Phil, I really appreciate what you did for me, and know I really see how much effort you put in, just to show to me, how much you really like me.”