Chapter 4

Thank God I still remember how her house looked like and its location. It’s not that big but, it’s close to the beach, the town, and her coffee shop. She was lucky enough to graduate college at a very young age—20. She was a good business woman and so her parents allowed her to have her own coffee shop and manage it. I only met her two years ago through meeting her parents when they went to California. She is way older than me but, we have a lot of similarities the thing is, she has her own car and house—I don’t.

            I had to wait for a few more minutes before she opened the door, the other difference was that she was way prettier than I was. I would always wonder why no one courted her, she was indeed the complete package for a guy. We just stared at each other for a few more minutes before she let me in. She showed me the room I stayed at two years ago and the only change was that she painted the walls blue and the bed was bigger. After putting down my things we headed for the kitchen.

            “So how was your trip?”

            “I thought you wouldn’t talk to me Lyka you were quiet all the way.”

            “Oh hahahaha, that’s me! What time did you get here?”

            “We arrived here by seven, my dad seemed more excited then I was so he drove fast.”

            “How is Aunt Helena? Why isn’t she with you?”

            “Mom is doing great still pretty, she had a board meeting today for the new development they are going to build.”

            “Oh so she is busy. Are you okay? You seem to be at dose.”

            “Yes, I’m okay, well yes I was okay waiting at your coffee shop reading, when all of a sudden he came to view and destroyed my day.”

            “Who?”

            “You know him, why didn’t you tell me that he was working for your shop Lyka?”

            “It wasn’t me who accepted him in, it was…”

            “Good morning ladies”

            I watched as a man came into view, he was tall, mahogany brown hair, green eyes, and all he was wearing were track pants.

            “Akeena, this is Leo, Leo this is my cousin Akeena, she will be staying with us for the summer.”

            “That’s great hon, nice meeting you Akeena.”

            “Nice meeting you too Leo,”

            “Hon what’s for breakfast?

            “Pancakes, bacon, and coffee Leo.”

            “Yum! After breakfast are you riding with me to the coffee shop hon or your staying here?”

            “I’ll go with you, Leo can you explain to my cousin here how you met Luke.”       

            “Ah Luke! I met him on one of my business trips at Amsterdam, he was a photographer and he wanted to advertise my restaurants, should I say that because of Luke my business expanded around Europe, Australia, and Asia. After what he did for me, he became my marketing consultant, and he would come with me to my business trips. After a few months of going to different countries we went here to the States. He introduced me to my beautiful wife, and that is why I accepted him into the coffee shop.”