Chapter 1

Chapter 1

            Ring! Summer time! I haven’t really clearly thought of where to go for summer this year—2013. Clearly some of my friends are going someplace I do not really know but, surely, I will be stuck here again wondering where do I really belong? Wearing my favourite cream coloured cashmere, a white blouse under, tight blue jeans, and my black peep-in-toe Prada. Here at school the brand of your clothes depend on what type of status you have, you have two options, wearing cacky, ripped-off jeans only mean that you couldn’t afford Gucci, Prada, and the list goes on. I can’t walk out of our classroom because our sleeping teacher hasn’t hand out our report cards and our ganza. Our homeroom teacher is Ms. Elaina Rodriguez, yes you heard me right she is still single, looking young but, she is already 42 years old.

She teaches my theatre and English Literature class. I like her a lot and she actually passes me. I love her classes the most because I am really into creative writing, analyzing Shakespearian classics, reading novels and short stories, and more. I am the nerdy one in class because I deprive myself from having a social life and would rather prefer to have an open book, a cup of choco-chip frappucino with a lot of whip cream, and the empty library to hang out on.

I have been talking I see but, I haven’t really formally introduced myself. My name is Akeena Pluckrose. I am 16 years old, living in the state of California. Honestly even though I am this old I haven’t thought of what course to take, and what university should I go to. Scrolling through my Iphone is boring me out, no text messages from any of my friends, or friends of my friends, or really no one. Now I really want to walk out of the classroom to go to library and finish up the book, The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. It is really one good book and it keeps me away from drinking booze, partying, and making out with someone who I do not know.

            “Miss Pluckrose where do you think you’re going?”

            “Ms. Will you allow me to go the library while I wait for you to hand out our grades and our ganza?”

            “Oh! Yes I forgot sorry class line-up according to your family name and I shall hand out to you these things before you depart my class.”

            As I approach her, my fingers were itching to hold my report card and ganza because, I badly want to get out of the classroom and go some place quiet and open my book..

            “Ah, miss Pluckrose, how are you? Well here are your grades and your ganza, enjoy your summer.”

            “I am doing great miss, thank you and have a great summer too.”

Being able to hold my report card and ganza meant that I am out of school and off to my summer vacation but, where should I go? I walked to the football field to get some of the signatures of my teammates because some of them are leaving for good. I am a nerdy girl but I am into sports too like, basketball, football, volleyball, and badminton.

            “Ah those heels doesn’t suit you my M.V.P, you should be wearing plastic studded Nike cleats Akeena not heels.” Walking I turned myself around to see my football coach approaching my area.

            “Mr. Hudson, glad to see you, so where are you off too? Columbia or Mexico?”

            “Mexico, I was chosen to hold a football camp down there so off to Mexico I go, don’t you want me to sign your ganza?”

            “Do you have a pen?”

            “Of course!”

Watching my coach sign my ganza again is a privilege because I won’t be seeing him until second semester not because of the football Camp but, something else I do not really know about and don’t want to know because it is not my business. Going home is the best day of my life today because all I want to do is to dip on the pool and cool off.