Trouble in paradise (past)

A few hours after we made our escape from the police we went shopping for wigs and glasses.

"That'll do it" he said

"Are you sure that they won't see us?" I asked.

"Oh, I am very sure"
We kept doing this for the next six months. Elliott even applied for a job. We kept wearing our disguises for the next six months until one person finally caught us.

"No, it must be some kind of mistake!" I said, trying to protect Elliott.

"YOU CALL THIS A MISTAKE?!?!"
Elliot's boss said, pointing at his desk.

"Really, it is! I didn't do this!" Elliott cried.

"Really, he didn't! And I promise you, we'll pay for it!" I replied, trying to end the fight.

"OH, I'M PRETTY SURE YOU WON'T!!" Elliott's boss charged at him with anger and punched him in the face.
As his fist hit his face, the wig went flying through the air.
"WHAT?!" his boss gasped.
Elliott tried to grab it and put it back on, but his boss stepped on the wig. I was going to help Elliott but his boss grabbed me by my wig. He ended up ripping it off.

"What is the meaning of this?!" He yelled.
"First you vandalize my desk, now you show me that you're a fake?!"

"I'm sorry, we'll explain it later!" Elliott said, gasping for breath.

"Wait, wait a minute" he looked at our faces and studied it carefully.

"Oh my god. Oh my god!"
He stuttered.
Damnit. He must've realized we're the missing children.
Wait, what the hell is he doing? Oh no, oh hell no. Fuckfuckfuckwhatthehellamigoingtodo?!?! Okay Kath, breath, breath, and get you and Elliott out of here.

I slapped Elliott so that he could get up. He got up and we both ran towards the door.