To protect and serve (past)

Oh shiiit. Am I in trouble?
Ugh, whatever. I'm going to come anyway.

"Kathlyn what's wrong? Do you want me to come with you?" Elliott asked nervously.

"It's okay. I'll manage this myself, thanks" I said, walking towards the principal's office. I knocked on the door and a few seconds later, someone opened it.

"Ah, Kathlyn. Come in." Mr. Packer offered.
I saw Mr. Packer and my principal. But there was another person who looks unfamiliar but feels familiar .

"Mr. packer? Am I in trouble?" I asked nervously.

"No miss Williams, you're not." The principal replied. She paused for a moment before asking,
"Miss Williams, are you aware of the rumours that are getting spread around?"

But then the person I didn't know finally talked.
"Hello miss. You must be Kathlyn!" He shot out a hand and I shook it.

"I'm Terry Feil. I'm here to help you handle the rumours."

A confusing look came upon my face.

"You know, if you ever get hurt by them, I'll talk with one of the students that did it. You know, that sort of thing." He answered.

"Excuse me, but I can handle it myself. And if you're doing it to me, you should also do it to Elliott." I said, getting annoyed.

"Kathlyn, Mr. Feil is going to talk with the whole school about these rumours. And Elliott can handle himself." the principal replied.

"If Elliott can handle himself, so can I! And why do you think I can't handle myself? Is it because I'm a girl?" I said angrily.

"Kathlyn, your parents have decided it was best for you to do this. I didn't want it to happen to you without it happening to Elliott either!" She complained.

"Well, why didn't you stop her?"

We kept on arguing until Mr. Packer stopped us.

"Mrs. Worth, Kathyln, please calm down. This will get settled. Maybe Kathlyn needs to get to class now." He said, opening the door for me.

Aww. Arguing with her was more fun than going to class!

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'll go now." I replied, walking out of the door.

I walked out until I heard peoples' footsteps. I ran towards the sound and found out that Alison, Eve, Elliott and some other people were eavesdropping on me.

"Really?" I asked, rolling my eyes.