Chapter two: Paradise

"We're here!" Elliott said excitedly.

I looked out of my window to see the view of California in the light of dawn.

"Paradise" I mumbled.

"How is this paradise to you?" He asked.

"Because it's where I can be wild and free." I replied.
"Don't you have a paradise?"

There was a long silence in between us. It seemed weird for him not to reply. It was a simple question.

"Nah, I don't need a paradise" he finally replied.
"Let's just go"

We walked over to a hotel that Elliott booked for us.
While we were walking, I heard him say "although it is with you." Which made me smile. Was what he said really true? No. Kathlyn, you're just being weird again.

"Hello. I booked a room for the..... Umm..... Four people so could you please tell me which room we're in?" Elliot asked the lady who was working at the front desk

"Where's the other two then? And, aren't you kids supposed to be in school?" She asked.

"Oh no, we're not kids. We're 19. We're just this short. And the other two's our parents. They'll be coming" he replied.

"Okay. And you're the Richards?" She asked.

"Yes"

"Your room is 354. Third floor, first door on the right. Have a good day" she said, handing us our key cards

"That was close." Elliott said walking through the elevator doors.

"Yeah. Pretty close to getting caught" I replied pushing the elevator buttons

*DING*

The elevator doors swung open and we got out looking for room 354.

"Oh there it is" Elliott said

We unlocked the door and got inside. The first thing I noticed was the balcony. I opened the balcony doors and looked at the view.

"DAMN!! ELLIOTT COME CHECK OUT THIS VIEW" I cried.

"Woah. That. Is. Beautiful." Elliott said.