Chapter 41

“Yes, Hollywood Hills. Please, hurry. We can’t stop the bleeding……”

The sound of death. Is that possible to hear……. death?

“Nicola, babe. Keep your eyes open for me!”

That moment that they take their last sharp breath, or is it the last word that manages to slip through their lips.

“Cheryl, its everywhere-e. Oh god-d How-w”

“I can’t feel anything….”

It’s breathtaking how clear things can suddenly get in my head in the matter of seconds.

“It was Jake! He did this! How can he- What the fuck is going on!”

It’s at that moment, that life made sense; because I finally realized, life was way to short to be mad at someone I love.

“Call someone-e, Kimbelry-y call someone before its too late-e Its coming out-t to fast. Nicola, keep your eyes open for us babe-e.” The blood smelled bitter on my hands as I pressed my shirt against her bloody wound on her rib. My tears were clouding my vision, the hot tears mixing with the deep red liquid all across my arm. My arms are shaking violently and I choke back a sob when blood begins spilling from her mouth.

“They have me on hold, they said they sent someone-e Cheryl, what happened?! I don’t understand. What happened?!” I don’t reply to her shaking words because I don’t know myself. It all happened in the matter of seconds. One moment, I had Kimberley in my arms and the next moment I had the gun in my hands.

“My friend, she’s been-n shot in the back, she-es bleeding and-d we cant stop-p it. You have to get here now! Oh god-d, its everywhere.” Kimberley crouches in front of me, tears rapidly falling down her cheeks and she places her hand on top of mine, putting more pressure on the wound that has went straight through her tiny body.

“There’s a man here but-t I think he’s dead, he’s not moving-g. But she-e still has her eyes open. You-u have to hurry, please!” She places the phone on the floor beside her, and I pull Niocla onto my lap, wiping as much blood away from her face as possible.

“Nicola, stay awake. Don’t close your eyes babe. Listen to me voice, you’re going to be fine.”

Im crying, my breathing coming in quick gasps. I look up at Kimberley who looks like shes about to be sick. She’s pale, all the color in her plump lips has gone, and it feels awful watching her scared eyes cry of sadness and fear. “Kimberley, I’m so sorry. I-I don’t know what came over us. This is my fault. Im so sorry .” She looks at me and shakes her head, sliding over to me and begins wiping my cheeks with her palms, her own tears falling aswell.

“Hey, you did the right thing babe. I love you okay? Everything is going to be fine.” Her soft, soothing voice almost makes me forget about Nicola. She lays her lips on my cheek, before she puts on a brave face.

“Im going to go call Sarah  and the others. You have to keep pressure on the wound. Are you okay? You’re not to blame for this. You did the right thing.” I look over at Ashley, who is not to far from us.  He has a wound on his chest and a pool of blood covering the floor around him. I feel like im going to be sick. So many questions running in and out of my mind and I cant get any clear thoughts to form. What is going to happen to me? What is going to happen to Nic? Where the hell is Jake and why has he suddenly become a stranger to me? Has he been with Ashley this whole time? I look down and Nic and pull her closer to me, thinking of how much I needed to hear her voice right at this second.

“Nic, babe. I love you so much, Im so sorry I let him get between us. Please, Don’t let this be the end. Don’t give up on us Nicola.” I let her head rest on my lap and grab hold of her fingers with my free hand. Her skin feels cold and her eye lids are starting to droop. She looks weak but she continues to blink. I squeeze her hand, hoping that she can feel how much I need her to be okay. I smile through my tears when she squeezes back.