28: Thank You

••Lexi••

As I was putting my hair in a bun and stepping out of the bathroom I heard a knock on my door, I frown softly and go to answer it, Austin was standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah Austin?" I ask, he looks up and kinda freezes for a second.

"I uh... just wanted to say thank you... and I'm sorry about earlier" he said shamefully, I smile softly.

"Its okay Austin really. And you don't have to thank me... its what I do. Saving people, hunting things, the family business. I'm used to it" I said, he looked up and he just looked so... sad...

"Hey... are you okay?" I ask, he nods.

"Yeah... you lost a lot of people haven't you..? Because of this?" He said, I nod.

"Yeah... special people... people I loved" I say quietly.

"I'm sorry" he says, I shrug.

"Its fine" I say, he nods a little.

"Can I uh... can I come in?" He asks.

"Sure" he walks in when I move out of the way, I close the door and go to my mini fridge.

"Beer?" I ask, he nods and catches it when I throw of to him.

"So your dads just let you drink?" He asks, I nod.

"Pretty much" I say, he nods opening his beer and taking a sip, I get a hoodie from my bag and put it on.

We sit down on the bed and talk and watch movies for a while, I took off my hoodie when it got hot and then we fell asleep laying together, facing each other.