Chapter 11

Chapter 10

"Mum I'm home !!", I shouted as soon as I turned the key, pushed the door open and me and Hayley walked in.

Hayley's parents were out, probably shopping in paris or getting a tan in Malibu, so she came with me. It was no big deal, our parents were close and Hayley's parents were rarely at home anyway, so it was rather common now.

Like I said before Hayley's parents were rich, like Hollywood-actors rich, but they were almost never at home, they were always traveling, leaving Hayley with the many butlers and Nannies at home with loads of cash.

People would say that Hayley would be a snobby arrogant girl, but she isn't. Sure she has everything a girl could only wish for and sure she has a closet the size of my entire room, but she's also modest, funny, kind and the only true friend I ever had.

"It looks like we're alone", Hayley said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Mum?", I called out for her again, but nothing. Where was she and where was Ellie?

Dammit, Ellie.

How could I forget about picking her up.

"Shit, shit shit shit shit!!!", I cursed under my breath. "Look, I forgot to pick up El, it'll just be a minute, okay?", I turned to Hayley, talking in a rush. I threw my bag on the floor, closed the door and rushed outside, not waiting for her answer. I sprinted to our neighbor mrs. Scott and rang the doorbell.

I hope everything went okay, I don't want to be a burden on mrs. Scott. She's a nice lady for sure, but she's getting old and I don't want her to get exhausted. Ellie can sure be a hand full. She's five years old after all.

I kept shifting from foot to foot, until the big wooden door swung open.

It was Ellie who opened the door a bright smile on her face.

"Heyyy, there", I smiled at her and picked her up, giving her a tight hug. She wrapped her little arms around my neck and gave me a wet kiss on my cheek.

"Hi", she grinned at me.

"Where's mrs. Scott?", I asked as I put her down again.

"In here, honey", I heard the voice coming from inside.

I came inside and indeed there was mrs. Scott sitting on the couch, with a snake and leader board at the table next to her.

How sweet, Ellie loved to play that game!

With no further wadoo I thanked mrs. Scott for taking such good care of my little Ellie here, while I was at school and took Ellie back home. Mum was still no where to be found. I called the hospital, they said she already left, so she should be here soon.

In the meantime me,Hayley and Ellie ate whatever food was left in the fridge, some fries and left over chicken, with some freshly made salad, which I and Hayley skillfully made, while Ellie sat on the kitchen bar commenting as if we were on a tv cooking show.

Hayley and I did all our homework, some revisions and extra equations and are now sitting next to each other on my bed, watching some vids on my laptop.

Before the first video ended, I had already told Hayley all about my so famous, Alex incidents, the party, the cafeteria, the stupid move he did, which made fall on the stairs, everything.

I'm so glad, she didn't freak out, which worried me at first, but she told me that she wasn't mad at me for not telling her. She took it quiet well, to be honest. She listened to me blabber everything, not saying a word to cut my talking, except some comments here and there.