Chapter 10

The lesson passed by too quickly for my disliking. I’m not saying that because of my not ending love for geography not that I currently was paying any attention to it or anything, it’s just that I wanted some more time, so I could think of a better excuse then ‘I ran into a pole or a cane’, but since I didn’t have any other better option, that excuse will have to do. Everyone knew I was clumsy, which didn’t make it too hard to believe.

Hayley and I were now heading to our lockers. We stayed silent the whole time, and the tension between us was so thick, that I had a difficulty breathing properly.

Once we arrived I put my rucksack inside and took my books for the next lesson. Hayley was standing there expectantly as I closed the locker door.

She crossed her arms in front of her chest and asked me a bit pissed off, “Care to tell me why the hell you have a bandage on your head!”

“It’s nothing, really, you’re overreacting”, I told her in the calmest voice I could put on, not daring to look in her eyes.

“ohh, that’s ok. Don’t worry about it…”, she was quiet for a second and I thought we had this over with, nope think again Tory. “Don’t worry about it at all. It’s just a freaking bandage on your head, I’m guessing that’s the new trend now a days. Tory, you know what bandages are supposed to do?”, before I could give any reaction she blurred out again. “They are supposed to hide wounds”, she said in a-matter-o-fact- tone.

“Hayley!!”, I cut her off. “Geez, you didn’t stop talking for 5 minutes straight, look I ran into a pole, okay, satisfied?, no big deal!, just… just calm down okay”, I said now going with my hand through my hair. Hayley always knew how to worry and make a big fiasco out of absolutely . . . nothing.

I always thought that was a gift of hers, she really was stubborn once she had her mind into something that could be probably going wrong, there was no way in hell anyone on this whole planet could stop her from worrying.

Hayley relaxed and sighed in relief.

“God, Tory don’t do that to me”, she said chuckling a bit.

“Does it hurt?’”, she asked again quick regaining her concerned tone.

“No, actually it looks much worse than it really is, it doesn’t hurt as much as you think” Lie.

“Good, even if it hurts, you deserve it, watch where you’re going next time. Tory and don’t act like the maniac you are, some day it will get you killed you know”, she said now raising an eyebrow playfully at me.

After that I too sighed in relief, *phew* that went well. Thankfully she dropped the whole pole issue and tried ignoring the fact that I was hurt and acted like it wasn’t even there.

I felt how a huge burden get off of my shoulders, now that I have the whole Hayley thing over, but there were other problems who still were unsolved, problem 1: This piece of horse shit Alex.

My plan of the day was simple, but until now pretty affective. Avoid Alex Fintry. Not a first class plan, but should do. It wasn’t that hard to stay out of someone’s way now, was it?

The upside of this whole situation was that whenever he would come around or cross the hallway, the hall would turn into silence and all the girls would start drooling and fluttering with their eyes. It’s just pathetic.

 The girls would try to go talk to him, only ending up turning around again disappointment plastered on their faces. Even if a girl was apparently good enough for him, he’d hang out with her once, mess with her mind, if not anything else, then let them go hanging alone and eventually depressed.

But this wasn’t the problem, the problem was that every girl in school knew he was a player, still had hope to be with him, that she was the one to make him fall in love and all that romantic and lovey-dovey stuff.

Don’t get the wrong picture here; I do too, just not with a particular guy called Alex Fintry. I watch so many drama and animation movies that mum thinks my mind has rotten out because of it.