Chapter 8: Heres to Change

She woke up bright and early to get ready for her day. She made breakfast for her family and left a note. She drove straight to Yassi's condo because she needs her best friends input in her new look. She wanted to look different but not too different, she wanted to show Boss Vic and to the whole Philippines that she's back and ready to conquer.

She knocks at the door and finds Yassi opening it up with a bright smile. Before Nadine could even say anything Yassi grabbed her purse and locked her condo. Nadine asks " how did you know we were gonna go shopping ?" Yassi simply replies "Of course we would. Your going back into showbiz. Bigger and better and we need to make sure you look Amazing. Not that you don't already." ,she winks.

Nadine rolled her eyes and dragged her best friend to the car. She was still in disguise because she didn't want to make her presence known yet. Nadine didn't know but Yassi had s surprise for her. Jelly, Nadines previous hairstylist would be meeting them to do Nadines hair. As soon as Nadine saw a Jelly, she ran to him and nearly tackled him to the ground.
Jelly being the exaggerated person he is pretend he couldn't breath.
Jelly: " My , my Nadine. Can I just say you've gotten way more gorgeous since the last time I saw you!"
Nadine : " here we go again, he's being a flirt. I missed you ha. "
Jelly: " Ateng, for your information I have some things to tell yo -"
Yassi abruptly cut Jelly off and pushed Nadz inside the mall telling her she needs Jellys help to find something in his car. Nadine with a confused look went inside. As soon as she was in walking distance Yassi pushed Jelly.
Yassi said "hoy, we can't tell her anything that's been going on. It's going to cloud her judgment. She needs to show James that she's okay and she is. She needs to rise to the top without being held down by the drama James has caused. "
Jelly hesitantly replied " but she needs to know about Bret. And about James. We can't just keep her in the dark."
Yassi replies " I know Jell. But she needs time to shine before we tell her what happened while she's gone. And it's inevitable that she'll see James anyways, and if James cares enough he'll tell her whats going on. From him not from us. And if I'm honest, I don't know what he'll do when he sees her. "
Jelly nods, " we have to go back Yas, nadz might me looking for us. "
And with that they walked inside to see Nadine holding a pile of outfits in her hands.
Yassi can't help but grin she said " who are you and what have you done with my best friend, the Nadine I know hates shopping"
And Nadine says " times change, my friend. Plus like you said. It's my time to shine. I'm gonna embrace it. "
Nadine walks into the dressing room walking and out showing her friends her outfits. They approved of them all.
Next step, a change in hairstyle. She contemplated on coloring her whole head but Jelly advised her just to color the ends . Nadine liked the idea but couldn't let herself fully dye her hair. Seeing that Nadine was hesitant Jelly have her extensions that looked very real. Nadine loved her new look. It allowed her to have something different but still have her old look. She embraced her new look. She was ready.