Chapter 3: Seperate Lives

James POV:
It's been 3 months and 5 days since I last talked to her. I've tried everything to keep in contact with her. I've looked at her Instagram every day to see if she updates but she doesn't. Her account is now on private. The media nor the fans have any information about her. I can't help but admit it but I miss her.
----------------
Nadine is currently in New York pursing her art dream. She lives alone and admits that it's hard to live abroad far from the ones you love. But she had to do it knowing that she'd be bombarded with the media in the Philippines besides she'd be back there soon. As of now Nadine is appreciating life without people watch if her . She decides to turn on the television to ABS CBN because she feels homesick.
Nadine clicks the TV on:
And now we would like to introduce a loveteam that has fought for their right to be on this stage, a loveteam that will surely show you something new. Here comes James and Erin ~ Jerin~

James , with sad eyes says " Hi kampaliya ! Please tune in to me and Erin's movie Being Yours. It premieres tonight and is open in cinemas all over the Philippines."

Erin-" Yes, indeed it is a story about two lovers who never thought they'd be again. Kind of like me and James! Don't miss out on it guys! I know you'll love it!"
And with that Erin places a kiss on James cheek.
Nadine clicks off the TV. And holds back her tears. She knew it was supposed to be her on that stage with him. But she can't blame anyone but herself. She chose to leave him. But she only left because that was what he wanted.
She takes out her drawing book and finishes her drawing of their old tandem name Jadine. To this day people still comment on her social media accounts about how much they miss jadine. The only account she used was Instagram and that's the account she put on private. She's happy for James. But she can't resist that feeling she has in her stomach. She is ready to return bolder, stronger, and sexier. James will surely regret wanting me to leave she thought. But the one thing Nadine didn't know was that he already did. He missed her like crazy.

As James and Erin walked off the stage , James can't help but scold Erin for kissing him on the cheek.
James-" Erin what was that for? That kiss was not necessary. "
Erin - " babe it's for promotion. And plus I knew you liked it so don't act like you didn't. "
James- "please just leave me alone."
Erin- " I don't understand you James . You asked for me to be paired up with you. And I did. You said you wanted to get back together and we did. What's your problem? Ever since we started working together again you haven't even paid attention to me! I am your girl friend and your leading lady. It's all you ever wanted."
James knew he couldn't mess up this loveteam. He already messed up his and Nadines. He was just confused. He thought he wanted to be with Erin but maybe he just missed the memories. Neverthenless, it was too late and Nadine was gone. So James sucked it up and said "I know I'm sorry. I'm just tired. I promise I'll make it up to you okay babe ? " and with that he kisses her on the forehead and leads her to the dressing room.

Ate C enters the dressing room asking for James. James gives Erin another kiss on the forehead and follows Ate C. Ate C with a serious face tells James " James, the loveteam isn't working . This movie is the last resort. Your last two movies together didn't even make it to the top 100 Films of the Year. If I have to be honest, everyone is still asking for you and Nadine. Jadine and Jerin keeps getting compared to one another and Jerin is losing. You guys are a couple there should be more chemistry. Why is it that you and Nadine who weren't even together had a bigger spark than you two? It should be the complete opposite. If this movie doesn't pull through I'm not sure if there will be any more projects for you and Erin. I'm sorry James "

James wasn't surprised . He knew that him and Erin didn't look good on screen. James takes his hand and angrily messes his hair. He can't help but regret wishing for Nadine to leave. James is beyond angry at Nadine. How dare she leave me he thinks. But even to this day that letter from her haunts him. James wonders how she knew that he wanted Erin to be his loveteam. He knows it's his fault she left but he always thought that she'd be there. They were partners. Partners in crime.
James needed to clear his head. He took his phone out and called Bret . They met up at the bar.
James -"I miss her. I miss Nadine. "
Bret -" shut up man. You wished for her to be gone and now she is. You wished for Erin and here she is. Stop flip flopping . Just shut up."
James tensed from this unexpected reaction from Bret.
James -" dude what's your problem?"
Bret-"my problem is that you hurt Nadine. My problem is that you don't even know what you want. My problem is that you had an amazing person as a loveteam and your loveteam was one of the hottest yet you overlooked her importance in your life. You didn't even greet her happy birthday without VIVA telling you to do you remember that? Should I keep going ? You're no good for her man. It's a good thing she left."

And with that James punched Bret.
A crowd gathers and fans take pictures. James knows this will be all over the blogs and on tabloids but as of right now he really didn't care.
James stomped out of the bar leaving Bret there on the ground laughing.
As he was walking Bret screamed " you were never good for her. "

And he knew Bret was right.

Brets Flashback:
Bret -Yassi please. Please tell me where Nadine is going.
Yassi- I can't Bret. You might tell James .
Bret- I'm not I promise.
Yassi- give me one reason why I should tell you.
Bret- because I love her. - This shocked Yassi. But yassi knew that if she didn't tell Bret where nadines flight was he would miss her. She's in Manila airlines in Manila. Flight 212. But before Bret goes yassi grabs his arm, Bret she doesn't love you. And Bret replies simply by saying I know.

As Bret lays there on the floor of the bar all he can think about was how he never made it to the airport to tell Nadine he loved her. Bret loves James but James isn't right for her. All James did was break her heart. And even though Bret knew Nadine didn't love him he had wanted her to stay. So far only Yassi knows about Bret's feelings for Nadine. Bret was hoping to ask James for permission that when Nadine returns if he could court her. But now that Bret knows James is being indecisive again towards his feelings for Nadine. Bret is gonna keep it to himself.

James stormed of the bar.
He didn't punch Bret because Bret was wrong. He punched Bret because Bret was right. He didn't deserve Nadine. But he missed her like crazy. What they say is right. You don't know what you have until they're gone.