Chapter 1:

Moving was a huge deal to me. Moving meant going to live with my dad and twin sister in Tampa, Florida. It also meant leaving behind the life I knew here in New York and my best friend Jason Gillis.

My mom had just married a nice guy named Ted. I had nothing against the guy accept for the fact that he was trying to replace my dad.

"You ready honey?" My mom, Alice, asked me. I hesitated for a moment.

"Yup. I'm ready to go to a place where I have no friends." I snapped harshly at her.

"Oh, Charlie! Stop it! Your sister's there! She'll make sure you have friends!" I rolled my eyes harshly at my mother. My twin sister. Izzy Heartly. And I guess that would make me, Charlote Heartly, Charlie for short.

I walked over to my suit cases inside my garage that I soon would never see again. I took a look around to see a garage full of nothing. There was nothing in it exept for the smell of the left over smoke of cigerets. I pulled my four bags all at once and put them in front of my mom's truck. I stepped away carefully turning around and walking into my hollow home. There was nothing left inside but memories. I remembered my dad and sister being here two years ago. When they moved out, it broke my heart, but now that I was leaving as well, I couldn't bare it. I never understood why my dad left my mom, or why he took only Izzy and not me.

"Come on, we have to go." My mom said with Ted walking behind her.

"Why are you making me do this?" I asked. My mom sighed.

"We've been over this. It's better this way. I know you'll miss your friends." She said.

"Whatever." I stated. I started to walk over to the garage door again to go outside when the doorbell rang. I turned around and looked at my mom. She shrugged her shoulders as if to say that she didn't know who it was.

I walked over to our front door and opened it. I was suprised to see my bestfriend Jason.

"You didn't think I'd let you leave without saying goodbye do you?" He asked me. I hugged him tighter than anyone else I ever had before.

"God, Jason! I have no idea how I would do this without you saying goodbye." I said. I felt my mom and Ted's eyes on Jason and me.

"Wow. Look at this place." He wispered walking around.

"I know. Doesn't feel real does it?" My mom cut it.

"Look, I know you really wanna stay but we have to drop you off at the airport Charlie. Your dad and sister can't wait to see you." Ted said.

"Ya well I don't want to see them. Anyways, Jason just got here!" I said. I hated leaving. It wasn't fair. Yes, it was about time I saw or even talked to my dad, but not like this.