Chapter 29

It was monday morning and I was as tired as ever. As Izzy and I walked into school, I got looks from every kid in the halls. I nugged Izzy softly. In the backround of the crowd chatting, I heard a girl say, "Who's your new boyfriend, Charlie," I looked over to see the girl and saw a smirk on her face.

"Why is everyone starring at me?" I asked her. She shrugged her shoulders and we contiued to walk. My phone buzzed in my pocket as I pulled it out

"Who's that?" Izzy asked.

"A restricted number." I said opening up the text. The first thing I saw was a picture of my bestfriend from New York, Jason, with his arm around me. He used to do that all the time. This ones now. But I'm saving this one for later. Better let the cat out of the bag before I do and lets just say, there'll be punishment if I have to tell. Said the text. I scrolled down and saw a picture of me in my prom dress leaning against a brick wall as I saw Hunter in the picture as well but he was sitting on a bench. I scrolled down more to see another picture but in this one I was in the same posintion, but Hunter was standing up and looked as though he was walking towards me. I scrolled down to see a third picture in the seris. In this one, Hunter and I starded into eachother's eyes. He had his arm possitioned on the wall right next to me. I still stood againsted the wall. I scrolled down yet another picture. The forth picture had Hunter's lips pressed against mine. In the fifth and final picture, ilI was in Hunter's arms. We were still kissing just closer.

I locked my phone and slid it in my pocket. I turned to see that Izzy had been reading the text to. Izzy and I exchanged a look of worry.

"We need to find Hunter." I stated as Izzy nodded. We started to walk as that quickly turned into running. I felt tears rush down my face. After about five minutes of looking, we were about to give up. I looked down at my feet for a moment as I ran straight into someones body. Hunter. He grabbed my hand and helped me up off the ground and pulled me into a hug.

As I cried into his shoulder I whispered, "We need to talk." We both quickly walked outside to the side of the school. I took my phone out and brought up the text.

"Read this." I said handing him the phone. His face expresstion changed dramicly. He handed the phone back to me as I put it in my pocket.

"What can I do?" He asked coming closer to me.

"Let me tell." I said. He pulled me into a hug and softly kissed my forehead.

"I can't." He whispered with a little bit of guilt in his voice. I pulled away from him knowing that is wasn't just some bet.

"And why not?" I asked in anger. "Are you embaressed?" I asked. His eyes turned red like he was holding back tears. He shook his head.

"I need more time." He stated. He tried to grab my hand but I pulled away in anger. I sighed.

"Time for what? What's really going on, Hunter?" I asked trying to keep my cool. My heart was beating out of my chest. I was mad and I didn't know how to make it stop. He knew I was mad, but he didn't know how to make it stop.

"Ok fine. I never made a bet with Allen, but the thing is," He started. I heard him sigh and then look at his feet. "You know what? It doesn't matter why. The point is, I'm ok with telling people. I'm not letting anything get in the way of my girlfriends happiness." He said. I smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you." I whipered. He went on my tippy toes and kissed him on the lips.