Chapter 26

"Dad, can I go down to the beach?" I asked as I sat down at the table in the morning. It was a couple days later and it was now the weekend. He nodded his head slowly lifting his head from the daily news paper he always red. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could and put on a pair of old shorts, and a baggy purple T-shirt. I quickly brushed through the tangles in my hair, then ran back down the stairs.

"Where you going?" Izzy asked as she put a bite of cereal in her mouth. I grabbed my bag off a hanger by the front door and walked back into the kitchen.

"The beach." I said as I grabbed bread, cheese, turkey, and crackers out of the pantry. I backed it up and put it in my bag and walked out the back door. Slowly walking down the sand hill down to the beach, I heard the sweet sound of the waves crashing against the wet sand. I smiled to myself as I saw a nice open spot right under a short palm tree. I spread the blanket across the scorching hot sand. I sat down and began to pull out my sandwich when Hunters bestfriend, Allen, came up to me.

"What the hell is wrong with you! I don't know who you think you are but you don't have the right to hurt Izzy like that!" He yelled. I slowly got up off the blanket as I felt my phone buz in my back pocket.

"I didn't do anything. But apparantly only Izzy can see that." I said in an angery voice. I took out my phone and I saw a text from Hunter. 

Hey. Can you meet at the side of the school in 10 minutes? I need to talk to you. Said the text. Sure. I texted back. I looked up to see Allen with crossed arms and an angery look on his face.

"I gotta go. Bye Allen." I said starting to back up myself. "And by the way, that picture was a phony." I whispered. I got my blanket, breakfast and my phone. I started to walk away from Allen as I bumped his shoulder harshly.

As I walked back the hill, I felt like his eyes were glued on me. By the time I got to my car, Allen had dissapered. I turned on my car and slowly backed out. 

When I got to the school, I saw Hunter sitting on the bench as I did the same.