Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A week had passed and Eric was getting restless. He had hired three private detectives already to find his mystery girl and he still didn’t have a clue as to who she was. Two detectives gave up and the third one was sitting in Eric’s living room, probably to do the same.

“So, any progress?” Eric asked the detective, even though he knew the answer.

He didn’t understand why he couldn’t get this girl out of his head. The way her blond hair swept over her shoulders when she moved. Her piercing green eyes. Her gracefulness.

“I’m sorry. You hardly gave me anything. Just her description, nothing to investigate on. Do you know how many people have the same features in this world? A lot. Are you sure you didn’t see anyone she interacted with at the ball?” The detective asked him. He was frustrated, if Eric Jordan wasn’t such an important and powerful man, he would have probably laughed at him and told him to get over this crush on some girl who probably didn’t exist.

“Oh my god! I completely forgot! Thank you, but your services are no longer needed. I think I know how to find her now.” The detective just smiled, he was holding back a laugh. The boy was crazy, but what could he expect from a spoilt rich kid, anyway? He nodded and took to money. He was okay as long as he got paid.

Eric rushed out of the door of his rented apartment. He knew exactly what the detective was thinking, but he couldn’t care less. He was used to people having opinions about him and after a while, it didn’t matter. He knew who he was and that’s all that did mattered. Plus, he had already proved himself to be independent and earned his money fair and square. Now he just needed to find a way not to spend it all.

Speaking of spending, he was supposed to have bought a flat in LA two weeks before but he had been too busy searching for the angel. He tried to stop thinking of her for a second so he could function. He didn’t own a car and he didn’t plan on it because there was always a taxi available on whim in LA. Why not take advantage, he thought?

“Where to?” The taxi driver asked.

“Georgia Peck’s mansion.” Eric said, smiling excitedly.

*****

Eric left Ms. Peck’s house with a huge grin on his face.

“Nicole Logan. Nicole Logan. Nicole Logan. Nicole Logan.” He just couldn’t get enough of her. Yet, he felt sorrow behind all of that happiness, knowing what he knew about her.

Georgia didn’t know what had happened to her parents but she knew that Nicole had been living with her grandmother, Michelle Logan the most famous actress ever known to man, when she first met her. But before she moved in with her grandmother at the age of thirteen no one had heard of her. No one even knew who her parents were, people assumed it was Michelle’s love child’s child.