Chapter 15

Chapter 15

“Fiance.” Nicole repeated, her body rigid.

"Yeah, fiance? You deaf? Is that it, Eric? Into deaf girls now? Speaking of, you should actually be deaf by now. I mean, after all that screaming you made me do, baby." The girl said, confidently. Her words sung Nicole inside.

“Ex-fiance. Ex. For this very reason, too.” Eric spit out, disgusted.

“Oh, shut up.”

“No, Alana, you shut the hell up. And get out of my life. I was wondering what was up with the smiles and hugs and now I realize, all an act, as usual. Did you get an oscar yet? Or will Daddy pay for that too?” Eric asked spitefully. Memories that he had managed to bury deep inside were surfacing and he didn’t like it.

“God, Eric, you still are a jerk. Wonder how this one puts up with it. Then again, you were really good in bed.” Alana said, eyeing him up and down.

“Yeah, we haven’t gone there and we are still together.” Eric wished he could take the words back the moment he said them, he felt Nicole let go of his hand.

“9 months? That’s impressive, especially for you Eric. What? You cheating? Is that it?” Alana looked satisfied.

“No, she is worth it all, but you never will be, for anyone.” Eric growled at her, then turned to a weirdly calm Nicole, “I’m so sorry. Let’s go. You don’t have to put up with this.”

“You’re right, I don’t.” Nicole said calmly. She turned and swiftly walked back into the park.

“Huh? Nicole!” Eric turned to look at Alana one last time before running after his girlfriend. How could he discuss their sex life in public? With an ex too! He was such an idiot. Before he managed to even get inside the park, Alana caught his hand.

“What a child! Leave her, let’s have some fun! For old times sake?” Alana squealed.

“Are you high, Al?” Eric tugged his hand away from her grasp roughly.

“What?! No! Why?” Alana stepped back, insulted.

“Because if you weren’t, you’d have to know that I’d never want you back in my life ever again.” Eric said, fed up. He turned his back to a speechless Alana and walked into the park, taking out his cellphone from his pocket.

*****

“The pathetic loser! Ugh. I have to leave, this was bound to happen. You stupid stupid girl. As if you can compete with women like her? You knew it was too good to be true. You should have saved your heart before this happened!” Nicole yelled at her reflection. She had walked out the other exit of the park to the closest gas station and was in the bathroom, washing her face.