Chapter 18

Chapter 18

It had been a long day and Nicole was tired. She knew what she needed to do and she had done it. Without the fear and the crying, she had done it. She had checked on the mafia. Had an insiders view. Spied. It needed to be done, she had to see what was going on with Adone. She couldn’t mention who had helped her but she was glad there was at least one or two good people left.

After Eric had provoked that memory the day before, she realized it was time to get back into the game. She planned on taking Adone’s life one day. And then hers. She couldn’t live to rule a kingdom of hate and death. And she couldn’t change them either. So, her only option was death. She would probably kill him after he killed Eric. She hoped that day would never come.

Eric and Nicole had an understanding about that. His life was always in danger, every second he spent loving her was another second closer to his death. Damn boy, he would never listen to her. He said she was worth it and he was sure nothing could happen to them. He didn’t know Adone. If he did, he would have run away, a long time ago. Yet, Nicole didn’t have the strength to send him away, to make him go. It was selfish of her, but she loved Eric too much.

“What are you thinking about?” Her heart sped when she felt Eric’s arm snake around her waist.

“You! Stupid boy... Did you even have to ask?” No, he didn’t. He was always on her mind. She knew it wasn’t good for either of them but what’s life without danger, right? She smiled, her father had told her that a lot when she was younger.

“That’s funny, me too.” He said.

“You too what?” She asked, confused.

“I was thinking about me too!” He said, kissing her neck softly. He loved her so much and he knew exactly what she was thinking about.

She had spent the whole day in their room, locked up. He knew he couldn’t ask her what she was doing because she evidently didn’t want to talk about it but that didn’t mean he wasn’t dying of curiosity.

“I’ll tell you.” She said, as if she had read his mind. She passed him a bowl of noodles after grabbing one for herself and sat on the sofa next to him, their knees touching. “I was getting updates on the familia.” She looked up to see his reaction.

“What? Why?” Eric asked, panicking. Why would she do that? Was she thinking of going back? He felt like he was going to pass out but he kept it together, waiting for her to reply. She just stared at him, analyzing what was going on with him.

“I need to keep checking on what’s going on with them. It’s the only way for us to be a bit safe, if safe at all.” She simply said.

“No, no, no! If you do anything related to them, I need to be there!” He yelled. She flinched at his tone and his face softened. “Sorry.” He kissed her lips softly and she calmed down.