The Death of Mari

Today was the day of Marinette's death.

She died.

Stopped breathing.

Fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

The reason?

Adrien Agreste.

Here, let me backtrack a little. To the end of the school day.

Class is over, so Adrien, Marinette, Alya, and Nino gather together at the school entrance. Everything was normal; Adrien was charming, Marinette was stuttering, Alya was encouraging, and Nino was chilling.

Then...

"Adrien! Do you want to go have smoothies with me?" blurted a very red faced Mari.

Adrien looked surprised, but pleased.

"Yeah, sure! Right now?"

She nodded fervently, earning a proud grin from Alya. Waving their goodbyes, the two headed for an ice cream shop. Grabbing their smoothies and paying, they walked to the park.

They engaged in conversation; a big step for Mari! So far, so good...

Then, it happened. The unthinkable!

Adrien stopped by a tree, making Marinette turn to face him in confusion. He looked nervous; rubbing the back of his head and glancing at the ground.

Oh sorry, that wasn't the unthinkable.

This is, though!

In an act of bravery, the golden haired boy pulled pig tailed girl to him and kissed her. Right on the lips! Aww... Guys look, it's so cute! Adrienette is canon!!

But...

When they pulled away, Marinette stopped breathing. On her face was pure bliss. She dropped to ground like a sack of potatoes. Ignoring Adrien's worried cries, she left our world, to journey on to heaven.

And so, that is death of our dear, beloved Mari.