Reminiscing

Ladybug stood upon a rooftop, gazing unseeingly into the sky. She reminisced about her adventures with Chat Noir. How long had it been since they'd begun their duties as the superheroes of Paris? She honestly couldn't remember. Time flew by as quick as a peregrine falcon diving for its prey.

No akumas showed up in the moments she used for perusing her memories, allowing her to be relaxed and content. She should be in the bakery with her parents, or maybe hatching plans with Alya, but something about this day struck her as a day to slow down and think. What would she have done if she hadn't become Ladybug?

Well, for one, she would be a lot less confident. And she wouldn't have met her dear friend, Chat Noir. Sure, fighting supervillains had taken its toll, but it had dragged many good things along with it. Ladybug wouldn't change a thing. It made her who she was.

"Is there a problem, my lady?"

She tipped forward with small shriek, leaning precariously over the edge and flailing her limbs about before she spun around and stiffened up.

"Nope! No problem here!" she gasped, her heart pounding. Geez, why did he have to sneak up on her like that?!

"Lost in thought, then?" Chat Noir guessed with a grin. "Thinking about me and my wonderful purr-sonality?"

"Of course not," she snapped, crossing her arms. "I was thinking about our job."

"Ah, yes, saving Paris." He nodded seriously, leaning on his staff. "Any non-problematic akumas around?"

"No."

"All right, then." Her partner scrunched his hidden eyebrows together, tilting his head and studying her.

"What?" she demanded, rubbing her arms self-consciously.

"Nothing!" he exclaimed, averted his eyes quickly. That didn't last long. He grinned at her again a few seconds later. "What should we do now?"

"Go home," she said flatly. It wasn't that she didn't want to spend time with him, but she'd only come out here to reminisce. She wasn't quite in the mood for any kind of action or activity.

"Aww, but I just got here," he whined, drooping sadly.

"Sorry," she told him unapologetically. "Bug out!" Ladybug tossed her yo-yo to another building and swung away, a bit guilty for ditching Chat Noir but overall needing some quiet time alone. She would make it up to him later.

A/N
Hey guys! Long time no see! I was just popping into this account for no real reason, but I saw the date on the most recent chapter of this book and thought, "Wow, it's almost been two whole years!" And it has, almost to the exact date. So then I got this idea for Ladybug. Sorry it's so short, I haven't written fan fiction in awhile. I think my writing had improved since last time, though! What do you think? Read one of the former chapters and compare it to this one, if you want. I hope you like it!

P.S.
If you're going to comment on this book or if you want to talk to me, please tag bluedrop77 so I don't have to log back into this account. Thank you!