chapter 26

*Brie's pov*

I craddled Alex onto my chest rocking him. For some odd reason he wouldn't stop crying, o fed him, changed him, I did everything i could think of. Nikki came over to me "need help?" "I dont even know whats wrong." "maybe he misses Roman. Brie Alex knows his father by now listen just call him, you're going to marry him in a week." "Nikki im not sure about that." "the hell you are sure Brie this is all just a misunderstanding call him." Alex continued to cry in my arms, i sigh and pick up my phone with one hand and the other holding a crying Alex. I dial Roman's number and hear it ringing, on speaker it came to the final ring and then it was answered. "Brie!" it wasnt Roman and the person sounded shocked/surprised. "Yeah, uh can i talk to Roman?" "oh uh about that uh we need to talk." oh lord no this cant be happening. "W-what about?" "I'll pick you up." "O-okay." the line went dead and I turned and faced Nikki. "Can you watch him?" she nodded "of course I can Brie it'll be fine." "thanks" I handed over Alex to Nikki, he still was now falling asleep considering the fact he basically cried himself to sleep. "I won't be gone long." i walked out the house waiting for Dean.

Once Dean got there we left, i tried making a conversation but he refused to speak. I glanced out the window and saw we were at the police station. He opened my door and led me inside with him. He took me to his office and we sat down. "Now can i know what is going on?" "yes but before you say anything Seth and I have got this under control. Roman will be in custody for a day but that is it." "wait what happened?" "well the man after Roman and his family including all of us. He set up this plan, murdered our father, which turns out Roman, Seth and I are brothers, then he planned on killing Roman but we had another plan til he angered Roman and one too many punches later the guy is dead and he has face charges but since he clams self defense it will probably be misdemeanor." "when will this blow over?" "a week he'll be on 3-6 months probation amd then it's all over." "okay as long as he's okay right?" "yes he is just fine. Do you want to see him?" i nod my head and he stands up and he leads me to another room and we step in and Roman's head shot up and his eyes widen when he saw me. I looked down at the floor and Dean left us alone. "I'm so sorry." "no i get it you did what you had to thank you. Thanks for showing how much you care for Alex, me, Dean, Seth, and all the rest you saved doing this." "but i killed someone I've never done that and i promised my mom i wouldn't be a screw up." i sat down in the chair next to him. "You're not a screw up you had to protect yourself and the others if you didn't do it then who would have?" "the team would have." "what arrest him and amd then pit him in prison just for him escape and go after you again? You did the right thing." i looked at me "he kill my dad, yeah i hated him but he explained. He apologized and said things and i understood. I'm never going to be able to tell him i forgive him or thst i love him." this was the first time I've ever seen Roman in a full on cry, i hugged him. "Until you meet again hold on to those thoughts and when you meet again I'm he'll be waiting." i released the hug and he looked at me. "Why do you always know what to say?" "because I've had to fend for myself for so long I learned that something are worth the wait." he cracked a sad smile. "Someone hasn't stopped crying since i left the gym he's waiting for his daddy." "wait they're letting me off?" "well you have to court next week" "but-" "it was self defense Roman don't beat yourself down about this." "okay" he got up and Dean opened the door for us and we walked out. I was so relieved that he wouldn't have to stay. Now my main concern now would be this wedding. Which is in a week might i add. Ugh! Life is too much but I wouldn't change it.

*3 days later*

They wanted to the case over with so they moved the court day to today. I'm nervous, yes maybe more than Roman. I walk into the nursery to see Alex and Roman in matching suits. It was adorable i couldn't help but smile. "Lets go big and little guy" i said grabbing the diaper bag and walking downstairs. We got out to the car and he strapped in Alex and opened my door before running to the driver side. I swear he's so difficult.

We got to the courthouse and walked in and met with Dean and Seth along with an attorney. In all fairness they all paid attention to the way Alex and Roman were dressed. I rolled my eyes as his case number was called. We all walked in.....

( Not going through the whole court system cuz that takes forever)

After all the witnesses and all were done the jury left the room. Roman looked back at me and Alex made grabby hands for him. Once Roman was going to shake his head Alex's eyes welled up with tears waiting to fall so he just took him.

It took about thirty minutes fpr the jury to be gone once they settled back into the seats the front juror stood up and handed the envelop the guard who handed it to the judge. He then asked the jury to give the verdict.
All words were blanked out expect two words "not guilty". I sighed and watched Roman kiss Alex's cheek. I smiled.

*2 days later*

We are currently between looking for a new house and making sure the wedding was perfect. I am so stressed I haven't slept all night and tomorrow we leave to the islands for our wedding. I made sure Alex was all packed and Roman plus myself. Nikki and Eva said they would have my dress so that wasnt part of my worry. I walked downstairs and placed rhe last suitcase by the door. I sigh and feel arms wrap around my waist making me jump. "Jesus you scared me" i turned around to face Roman. "Our last night together and you as my fiance." "yeah just one day and two nights. If we're including tonight." "we are lets go cuddle cuz tomorrow im going to be cuddling a 5 month old." "hey why do you get Alex." "cuz he can't see his mommy if his daddy can't now lets go." we walked upstairs and checked on Alex before heading to our room to get some sleep before our plane ride.

Guys thats 1215 words omg .......
Sorry it took long im sick. I have an upper respiratory infection I'm loosing my voice amd i have take medicine. Btw not my thing. I haven't been in school all week either but monday i have to go back (to hell) lol jk not....

Also i havent been editing so there might be a lot of mistakes if you want point them put so i can fix them please!!!!!!!!