xi. butterflies

Darren

Great, Anzar. Out of all the people in this world, he's my competition yet again? The things we do for love, for approval.

I remember when I was 9 years old in Canada, I met Anzar. His family was there for business matters, and we became really close friends. Until there was a talent competition that we both signed up for, unaware that we were each other's competition until we both got through. Our friendship changed to competition as we slowly got into arguments and lost touch. I never spoke to him again.

I guess this was going to be harder than I thought.

"Darren, you were saying?" Ava broke the silence, smiling that innocent way she does that makes me want to kiss her.

"Oh, yeah, my mom wants to drop you off home." I offered, taking her belongings and moving to the car until Anzar stopped me.

"I think Ava wants to come home with me." Anzar stated, rolling his eyes at me. I glared at him.

"It's Ava's decision, she chooses what she wants to do in her life." I retorted.

"Ship! Ship! Ship!" I hear a voice from the background. "Is it #AvRen or #AvZar?? Oo decisions! Time to write fanfics!" The voice continued.

"Ok lang, Darren, I'll just commute home, nakakahiya naman. I still have to pay you back for everything from last Sunday." She replied considerately. She's so simple and gorgeous at the same time and her beauty isn't tiring.

"Huwag na, come with us, mom insists." I urged.

"Sige ng nga, Dragon Fruit!" She gave up, chuckling. "Bye Anzar, it was nice to see you again. Bye Vixie, see you around!" She waved, leaving with me. I turned my back, smirking at Anzar who sat down in defeat.

Darren 2 points, JK 0 points, Anzar 0 points.

Ha! I'm beating them. While Ava was meeting my parents in SM, JK got jealous and left! And now, I got Ava to come with me. I smirked in delight.

Ava

I sat there in the car awkwardly on my phone until I received a text from JK.

Hey Ava babes✌🏻️❤️

Hi JK😌✌🏻️

Listen, don't get mad at me babes, alrighty?😉

Mad at you for what?😂

For getting sorta jealous seeing you and Darren together 😂✌🏻️ You know I like you. Like, I really do. You're gorgeous yet simple and you're really talented, and I don't want to ruin my first chance with you, so please don't get mad at me okay? 😘🌍😊❤️

Okay.😊🌍✌🏻️

Okay will be our always. 😉🌍❤️

OMG YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THE REFERENCES!! 😂😂❤️

Good night babes! 😘😘🌍🌍❤️❤️

Night, King JK! 👑😊❤️💤

I closed my phone, grinning. JK's always there to put me in a bright mood. He's a great friend, but all I can look at him as is my goofy, silly friend.

I turned to Darren, who was sleeping soundly, faintly snoring which I found cute. I placed one of the blankets piled from the back and placed it on him, putting a pillow on his neck.

He looked so darn cute.

It seemed he was dreaming as he smiled. I couldn't help but pinch his cheeks and poke his dimple.

"Ughhhh...." Darren grumbled, yawning. I giggled in amusement, however not realising that I was staring at him like a fool.

"Ava?" He said, confused, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, um, hi Dragon Fruit!" I greeted.

All of a sudden, the car turned rapidly, causing me to bump Darren's head, kissing him on the cheek! I looked him in the eyes, shocked and embarrassed, blushing profusely.

"Heh, sorry! Peace lang tayo!" I chuckled awkwardly, scratching my head and twisting my hair.

"OMG! OMDDDSSS!!! SHIP SHIP MY SHIP IS SAILING!!!!" Lynelle, screeched, squealing.

We both giggled, looking into each other's eyes. I got lost while staring, daydreaming about us. Unfamiliar sparks flew through my stomach, connecting with Darren's body, as if we were a fit to a missing puzzle. Like in SM, I saw those two butterflies again.

AYIEEEEEEE!!!

Is he the one?