xviii. falling for you

"Ava, can you assist Darren into bringing him up the stairs please? Sorry iha talaga, ha, I need to get these documents sorted out with your Tito." Tita Marinel asks, rushing to get out of the house.

"Sige po, Tita. I don't mind actually, after all you've done for me." I grinned, gripping Darren by the arm and attempting to sit him upright.

"Okay lang kayo, ha? There's food in the fridge that can be microwaved and important numbers that you can call on the counter. Bye now, thank you Ava!" Tita explains, sprinting out of the house.

The Espanto family house is massive. It contains three floors in total in a land measuring about 10 football pitches. As you enter, you see a range of artefacts and cream white pillars dotted around the mansion. Additionally, there are numerous statues and paintings by the wall, and as you take in all its glory and prestige, you come across a water fountain in the middle of the living room. Yes, living room. It was like entering a museum, or even entering back in time. I felt like the beautiful goddess, Aphrodite.

Struggling, I grabbed onto Darren's arm and placed my other hand under his legs, weakly trying to carry him and bring him up the stairs. With such a huge house of the affluent, I was expecting an elevator or at least some ramp which would be an easier alternative of getting up.

Following after numerous failed attempts, I was able to carry Darren, cautiously looking whilst going up the stairs. I had to climb a whole flight of stairs, sweaty and about to sleep. What has he been eating?

Eventually, I managed to carry him up the stairs safely, despite my weak and about to come off arms. I laid him on the floor for a minute, stretching and moving my arms in relief. Instead of carrying him, I decided to drag him to a room which I assumed was his bedroom, by the green wallpaper and the selfies of him on the wall.

"Why are you so heavy?" I moaned, rolling my eyes as I laid him on his kingsize bed.

After laying him on the bed, my next intention was to check on Lynelle, however I heard a croaky voice which startled me.

"Ava..." Darren called, his eyes barely opening which highlighted his cute chinito features.

"Yes, Darren?" I responded, smiling.

"I was awake this whole time you were carrying me, haha. You should have seen your face..." He uttered drowsily, as if he had taken his wisdom tooth out.

"Haha very funny, I struggled so hilarious." I spoke sarcastically, expressionless.

"You're really cute." He complimented, beaming which showcased his adorable dimple.

"Are you okay, Darren? You seem quite sleepy and you're acting peculiar." I questioned concernedly, sitting on his bed.

"I think I've got the Ava fever." He smirks, winking which sent butterflies fluttering through my stomach.

Gradually, he takes my hand and pecks it lightly, pulling me forward so I can only see his face and he can only see mine. Blushing red crimson, my eyes widen as I start to tremble nervously, unaware of his next move. I felt the sparks connecting us to one another as we touch, the two white butterflies circling around us shaping a heart as they fly.

Help, I'm falling for him. This isn't the right time.

He caresses my cheek gently, cupping his hands afterwards as he moves closer towards me. I closed my eyes, my heart thumping and my mind immersed in kilig thoughts.

Our lips locked.

The kiss was passionate, filled with love yet confusion. Sparks and butterflies were flooded in my body, my mind and heart screaming out of love.

"I love you Ava. So much," He confesses as he pulls me for a hug, my face filled with shock.

Is this the right time?