xxix. promise ring and catfights

I woke up to hear the rooster cawing, as I look down to see that I'm in a vest and shorts. I look around the room, to see Darren on his phone.

"Who put me in these clothes?" I ask worriedly.

"Don't worry, it was your mom," He replied, causing me to sigh in relief. "Hey, I'm not a creep if that's what you're thinking!" I giggled.

"What time is it?" I question, yawning whilst scratching my eye.

"10:24. Now get ready. We're eating breakfast at 11." He answers, grinning at me so charmingly. Hehe...

"Okay." I stretch my arms, struggling to get out of bed.

"And take a bath. I can smell your pits from here." He teases, fanning his nose in an over exaggerated way. I glare at him, sashaying over to the bathroom.

I do the usual business in the bath, changing into lilac crop top with black ripped jeans and comfy black sneakers. I braid my hair in a French Braid, applying some lotion on my face in order to not look like a decaying zombie.

I exit the bathroom as Darren looks at me in shock.

"Woah..." His jaw widens.

"What?" I giggle nervously, looking at the mirror to see if anything was wrong with me.

"Woah..."

"Dude! I know I probably look horrible but that's just really offensive. I did my best to look okay, okay?"

"Okay..." He trails off and looks back at his phone.

"Okay...weird. Note to self: don't wear a crop top or ripped jeans in front of Darren." I muttered to myself, a confused expression on my face.

We waited for time to pass in the room, talking and using our phones. As soon as we knew it, Tita Marinel was knocking on the door with everyone.

"Time to eat guys!" Tita Marinel exclaims once we open the door.

"Yes po!" We reply in unison as we eagerly run to the tables by the poolside.

The hotel was simply amazing. The sun was beaming so radiantly it brought out the crystal blue of the pool and the vibrant pink and green of the plants. It was like a grand palace. The green trees contrasted beautifully with the huts and the greenery in general was perfect. Almost like a setting of a magical teleserye, or a place where loved ones meet or get married. Dazzling.

We all sat on separate tables due to the fact that we were a massive group, Darren, Lynelle and me sitting in one table. We were given a menu selection and scanned it, pondering for a few minutes until we all decided. Tita Marinel approached us and asked what we wanted, and afterwards gave the waiter all of our orders.

"So...it's nice weather today, right?" Darren broke the silence.

"Definitely." I giggled awkwardly, blushing faintly.

"AvaCado?"

"Yes, Dragon Fruit?"

"Here." He smiled, handing me another piece of jewellery, yet this time, a ring. No, not that kind of ring! An elegant promise ring, encrusted with a Swiss Blue Topaz jewel, which put me to shock.