Chapter 67

Sorry for any mistakes...

After a small feed and Jellybean  obviously being so small an still at risk of infection and hypothermia they decided it was best to keep her intensive care not forgetting she was still a little breathless but I knew she was in good hands the kid was just to impatient couldn't stick to a due date if she tried.

"Norman..."

"I'm here." I reassured rubbing my thumb over her hand.

"Where's jellybean?" She croaked looking around.

"They've taken her into intensive care, she's only little baby."

"But she's okay?"

"A little breathless but okay, stop worrying. She's only small she's gonna need some special care."

"Is this what being a parent feels like, constantly feeling like your to blame."

"Sav you did nothing wrong, she's in good hands."

"It feels weird." She muttered putting her hand on her stomach.

"I can always put another in there don't worry." I chuckled taking her hand.

"I don't think so."  

"You never know, I said that after Mingus and here I am."

"I'm happy with jellybean and Mingus."

"Good because your stuck with me."

I looked up seeing Ming standing there with his backpack looking a little tired probably gaming all night knowing him. I engulfed him in a hug and informed him on everything showing him a picture of his little sister before going to find out if we could see her which of course we could.

"There we go, she's a little cranky but you can take her out and have a cuddle."

"Can i?" Mingus asked.

"I'll just take some of the wires off stop her getting tangled." The nurse smiled.

Mingus sat down and waited patiently for the nurse to place little jellybean in his arms and when she did I couldn't of been happier I just wish Sav had seen the smile on his face. Helena soon joined cooing over her even had a quick hold. Women get so squeaky around babies.

"I think she's tired." Mingus said watching his mom hold her.

"I think you'll find she's probably wanting your Dad, it's a voice she recognises."

Helena stood up carefully and then gently placed jellybean in my arms who quickly settled and gave me Savs signature lip pout when she sleeps. It was so weird just a couple of days ago she was tucked up in Savs bump and now she's her cuddled in my arms.

"Probably should get back to mommy huh?"

"Need to get you home, got work to do Mr." Helena said to Mingus.

"Thanks for coming kiddo."

"When does she get to come home?" He asked playing with her little hand.

"When they say, C'mere." I said giving him a hug.

"Bye Sis."

"She's beautiful Norman, send Savannah my love." Helena smiled kissing my cheek.

"Thank you and thanks for understanding."

"You Can't help it, she was ready to meet everyone obviously."

So Helena and Mingus left after about half an hour of cooing over jellybean whilst I sat there for another half an hour cuddling her, I was taken with her but I knew I had to get back to Sav who was probably already wondering where I was. I set her back in the cot she was in letting the nurse hook her back up to all the wires and just watched her for a moment because she was literally a spitting image of Sav.