Prepared

Now knowing what lied ahead for him Nightstar listened to Flame as he trained him in the ways of the spirit and the foxes trained him to clime trees and be able to manage the higher grounds. After a few months he mastered both his spirit powers and his fighting skills. On a nice evening where the wind was kind and sweet with the scent of blooming flowers a new breeze came through scaring Nightstar awake. "Are you ok?" Dawn asked looking at the frightened pup.

"No Death and war is in the air thank you for protecting me, but he is coming and if it's a fight he wants it's a fight hes going to get." Nightstar exited the cave to see the sky dark and death lingering in the air.

"It is time I wish we had more time but we don't now go and beat you evil brother and bring light back to this land of darkness we will be ready if it comes to it." Flame said as he bowed to Nightstar as the foxes do the same.

"Thank you my friends I hope we meet again." With these finally words he ran off into the darkness.

The war raged between all the clans except for star clan for they lived deep within a cave that no one except the clan knew how to navigate. It was due to the lack of food in the land thanks to Deaths deadly touch. Nightstar entered the River clans home which was closest to the Ashed forest. He looked around, but couldn't find anyone till a pup came at him from behind. He swirled and jumped on the attacking pup. "Why did you attack me i'm no threat." Nightstar said loosening his paw around the pups neck.

"I mean no harm, but I saw you enter the pack and thought you were a threat."  The pup said as Nightstar let go allowing the bigger pup to get up. "I'm newleaf the leader of the River clan and you?"

"I'm no one you need to know but call me Nightslife." Nightstar said knowing his name was a sign of banishment.

"Ok Nightslife why are you here?"

"Just passing through have you seen a wolf by the name of Death?" The pup shuddered at the name and nodded.

"Yes he's on his way to the Mountain clan looking for his brother. He was born of that clan so its only reasonable for him to go there." He doesn't know that I was banished there in danger i'll fix this I promise.

"Thank you and I hope the clans grow strong once again." He ran out but not before helping the tree that marks the boarder grow again.