Uphill

_____________
SASHA'S POV
_____________

What am I doing?! That's what I'm thinking as I pull him closer. I can't seem to stop myself, and to be honest, do I really want to stop? Finally, my heart says.

It's not entirely my fault though. He's the one who held my hand. He's the one who set this up. But I'm the one who took it here.

I can't tell what he's thinking. He looks frozen, exactly how I feel, but frozen could mean a lot of things. For example, I freeze up when I get scared. Other people freeze up when they're angry. But maybe... Ugh. Who am I kidding? He doesn't like me back.

I pull him closer until our lips are no more than an inch apart, and I have to fight not to close the gap in between us.

I stop, contemplating my next move. Suddenly, a plan forms. I somehow manage not to grin sadistically or cackle like a witch, surprising myself.

I move my hand from his chin to his hair, and run my fingers through it, pulling him even closer. His gasp makes me feel a little guilty that I won't be kissing him, but there'll be time for that later, if he ever decides he likes me. Our lips barely touch, and that's my cue.

I flip the unsuspecting David onto the floor, jumping on top of him before he has the chance to get away.

"Oof! Sasha! What was that for?!" David complains, pouting up at me. My evil grin answers his question.

"I win! Yeah! We... Are the champions! Well, I'm the champion." I laugh while David's face turns from a look of disappointment to a look of playful anger.

"We'll need to change that again," is his response. Then, this boy starts to tickle me. I haven't been tickled for years, and it comes as a surprise that I'm still ticklish.

"Ahhh! David! Nooooo! Stop it!" I scream while cracking up, desperately trying to shield myself.

Finally, after about 5 minutes, he stops to let me breathe.

"I want popcorn!" I announce.

"Popcorn it is!" David answers.

"Surprise me with a movie 'Kay?" I ask him.

"Will do," he answers. David runs off to find a good movie, and I'm left by myself on the couch. Until Chips came back. Then I sat with him.

Well, that got kinda awkward. I hope it gets better.

So sorry this was such a short chapter babes I couldn't write more without dragging on details for too long. I honestly have no idea why I named this chapter "Uphill," I kinda just chose something lol. This was mostly just a filler chapter I guess, but unfortunately I was not able to think of a good cliff hanger to leave you on like I did for the last chapter ;(. Oh well. I'll try to for the next chapter.

I'm also going to start trying to update more and more often, because so far I've completely SUCKED at updating.

Finally, THANK YALL SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR 100 READS!!!!!!!!!! I FREAKED OUT WHEN I SAW THAT THIS MORNING AND I LOVE YALL SOOO MUCH FOR READING!! 😘

           -Sami <3