13. Revealing Feelings

There was absolutely no way in the world that anyone would get me to go to dance practice today. No one.

After what happened with David last night, I am pretty sure that he thinks he has a chance with me when really he can forget I even touched him. If I had to see him ever again it'd be too soon but I know I have to go to practice one day.

I pretended to feel a little under the weather to escape dance. Since my mom overslept, she was too worried about leaving the house on time to be slightly concerned about dance practice. The peace was great until I thought deep into the events of the previous night. I didn't care about the guy that looked like my dad anymore. I was more concerned about David.

It was around seven in the morning and I needed a hug. I needed Michael.

Wasting no time, I immediately got dressed right when I heard the front door close. I was ready to go by the time my mom turned the corner of the street.

Never in my life have I been so excited to see anyone. Normally, I'm the anti-social girl who doesn't want anything to do with people. But now that I've met Michael, I want to be around him all the time. He gives off such good energy and his smile is too beautiful for words.

I sped down the street in my red Chevy and drove to Hayvenhurst like my life depended on it. I buzzed the front gate and gained access to the estate. Michael and Janet were outside when I pulled around the circle driveway. Janet couldn't contain her excitement and to be honest, neither could I.

"Michael," I sighed, basically throwing myself into his arms.

"Did your teacher hit you again?" he asked, graciously taking me in.

"No. We just have a lot to talk about," I said.

"I'll go. You two lovebirds take your sweet time," Janet cooed, patting her brother on the back.

"Goodbye, Janet," Michael laughed.

Janet waved and skipped inside the house, leaving Michael and me alone. We took a seat at the fountain in front of the entrance to the home. The cool mist calmed my senses and the gentle pitter-patter of the water acted as a therapy to my soul.

"What's up?" Michael asked. He turned his body to face me but didn't look me directly in the eye.

"Yesterday night. Things...happened," I said.

"What kind of things?"

"Well, you know David from dance? We went to dinner last night and he kissed me when I really don't like him...at all."

That's when Michael looked at me. I face palmed internally at my stupid choice of words. He'll never ask me out now.

"Oh." That's all he could say. He nodded for about 30 seconds, just taking in the information I had given to him. I couldn't tell if he was hurt or not.

"I should be at dance but I didn't want to see him," I added, hoping to make things a little better.

"Oh."

My heart broke for him. His reaction made everything obvious. I should tell him how I feel.

"I really like you, Cathy Jean," Michael blurted out before I even opened my mouth. His cheeks turned red and he focused his gaze upon the cobbled ground, admiring the stones just so he didn't have to look at me.

"I like you too," I replied, taking his hand.

"David won't get mad, right?"

"He won't even know," I assured him.

"Good." He squeezed my hand and almost made me melt.

"Besides, even if he did know, he couldn't do anything about it."

Michael smiled and slid closer to me. I leaned my head on his shoulder, enjoying the feeling of requited love.

He put his arm around me and I instantly knew I would lose the bet. A smile was sure to emerge one of these days just by Michael's presence.

A/N: Thank you, thank you, thank you for over 250 reads!!!! I really appreciate it! Sorry this chapter is so short. I didn't want to wait too long to thank you all...another chapter will be up soon...