home

It's been a week. They are finally letting me go home.

Kyle and I have been excused from school for awhile because of what happened. But in a few weeks me must go back.

Kyle was scared and held onto my hand like he always did. John stood behind us and gave an understanding smile. "I'll let you two look around. Come find me whenever your ready."

Kyle nodded while I just stared at our door. John went over to his side of the house while Kyle took a shaky breath before reaching out and oping the door.

I walked in first, Kyle following me. I looked at our living\dining room then over to the kitchen separated by a wall and a doorless doorway.

In the living\dining room a three seated couch was set angled in the center of the room while a big family TV Sat across from it against the wall on top of a TV shelf that had a spot under it that we kept all our movies in.

In the kitchen, it was a standard one, their was a island table two counters a fridge and a mikerwave along with cabinets that were above the counters.

There was also a bathroom in the shot hallway leading to the living\dining room.

Next to the bathroom was a stare case leading up stairs where three bedrooms were. The first two bedrooms were mine and Kyle's.

Kyles room had a twin sized bed with aqua sheets and a blue and green pillow. Hanging on his walls was a teenage mutant Nina turtle 2012 poster and a few wolf paintings and two wolf Dreamcatchers were hanging on his walls.

A dresser was to the bottom of the bed where a TV stood on top. Next to his bed was a small table with a lamp and one drawer to put a few things in. His closet was filled with some clothes and a bucket filled with toys at the bottom.

The walls were painted white with a greenish blue trim. Overall his room was a standard everyday room. Even if their were a few clothes on the floor.

The next room that was next to kyles room was mine. My room had white walls with dark blue trim. My bed was full sized and my blanket was a light black and I had two dark gray pillows to match it.

I hand my dresser on the other side if my room and my TV was attached to my x-box where a small black bean bag was placed in front of it.

I also had a small bedside table but mine only held a small black light lamp and a small candle I would light before bed.

Above my bed three dreamcatchers dangled from the ceiling, a gray one with four feathers, a black one with two white feathers, and a dark blue one with six brown blue tipped feathers.

On the walls two posters were up, each one had a wolf on them for both of the brothers favorite animal was the great wolves.

Across from both if their rooms was another, but larger, bathroom.

Then their was the last room.

It was mothers and fathers room.

Inside was a queen size bed and light purple blanket with dark purple pillows. They had a beside table on each side of the bad and a TV that hung on the wall in front of the bed but over the long dresser.

They had a bathroom to themselves and a large walk in closet filled with many things.

Like dad's special drinks they were never aloud to go near.

I slowly looked around as I walked to room to room Kyle hot on my heels before finally desideing that my head hurt too much to be walking around.

I looked at Kyle as I stopped in front of my room and eyed him. He wanted to follow me still but I wanted to be alone.

"Kyle I'm going to lay down now. Go do something untill I feel like combing out."

Kyle quickly took the hint that I wanted to be left alone and looked a little crestfallen but nodded and walked off to his room.

I sigh and look around in three days we have to go to our parents funeral, but untill then, I'm 'home'.

***

I understood that Kevin would want alone time but it was so uncomfortable being by myself knowing mom and dad would not be here. And that they won't ever be here again.

A few hot tears sneak down my face as I think about them but I quickly shake my head. Without mom and dad here I knew it was up to me to make sure this house stayed in shape!

I quickly got to work cleaning so when Kevin comes out of his room there wont be dust and dirt everywhere.

***