9. Running

A splash of cold water woke Jade up. She jumped and hit the tent. When she opened her eyes she saw James with an empty bucket in his hands. He woke her up. Again.

"Why the hell did you do that?!" Jade screamed.

"Literally nothing woke you up. Mike tried to scream at your face, Daisy actually made you stand up and you still didn't wake up, so she laid you back in the tent. So I thought I'll try the classic," James said. "You will have to make a new sleep schedule. Anyway, you're late for practice."

Ugh.

Jade got up. She saw clothes on the ground. Mike probably bought them while he was at town.

"You have to be kidding me," Jade says while picking up the clothes. They were the most revealing clothes Jade has ever had.

That twat.

Jade finally found something that was a bit less revealing and changed in her tent.

She then found James who was sitting by the fire. She followed him to the same place that they were in yesterday.

"I wanted to train you to run yesterday, but you took sooo much time learning to climb." James said teasingly. "So look now, there are many obstacles here, a lot of bushes, tree roots, tree stomps and other things here, so you're going to learn how to run and avoid or jump over obstacles."

James went to a tree stomp. "Always think while running. Look if the obstacle is so small that you can jump over it or do you have to go around it..." James talked what to do and what not to do for about 20 minutes, but Jade started daydreaming and didn't hear anything.

"Got it?" James asked.

"Wha- oh, yeah, right," Jade said confused.

"So now you'll have to run. Follow those arrows," he pointed at some spray painted arrows on trees that he probably spray painted tonight, because Jade didn't remember them. "There will be a lot of obstacles, remember everything I told you."

"Yeah okay."

Jade went to the first arrow.

"Go!" James shouted so that Jade would start running.

She ran as fast as she could. Which was... Really slow. She hated gym in school, so she hated running too. The worst thing is that she can't stop running. If she sees a threat somewhere near, she can't stop. So that's why she doesn't bike a lot, because if a child appears in front of her, she won't stop driving.  

A tree stomp appeared out of no where. Jade didn't expect it, but she was fast enough to avoid it.

Thank goodness.

She closed her eyes for a second and almost screamed when she opened them. There was a huge tree in front of her. She avoided it the last second.

She looked behind her at the tree. It was a victory look. But before she could react, someone sweeped her off her feet.

She was flying for a couple of seconds. Then she landed on the ground. Well actually, she was dropped by the one who had her.

"Always look at what's in front of you. There was a huge cliff there and you were looking behind you. And another thing - if I was an attacker, you would be dead by now," James said looking down at her. "You'll run the same path until you learn everything."

And that's how the whole day went. Jade spent her time running. After the training James said "Well you're good at avoiding obstacles."

This was huge. James actually said something good about her learning.

"Yeah I could avoid everything," said Jade praising herself on the inside.

"Even this?" James said and immediately threw a stick at her face.

"Ouch!"

"Always expect the unexpected."

They went back to the camp, but James went somewhere and didn't come back the whole evening.

Jade ignored that and went to Daisy and Mike. Mike was napping while Daisy was playing with a ladybug. She jumped cheerfully when she saw Jade come.

"Oh! Jade!" She shouts.

"Hi Daisy."

"Would you like to eat or drink?"

"Yeah both. After that I'm going to sleep."

"So early?" Daisy asks.

"Yeah, new sleep schedule."

After Jade eats dinner and drinks some water, she goes to her tent. 

She really likes Mike and she wants him to be happy, so she will get James and Mike back together. But first she has to become Jame's friend herself.

This will be hard.