16. River

"I need you to go somewhere with me," James whispered.

"Why? Where? It's night time!"

"Just come with me."

Jade followed him. It was a really long walk through the forest, but when they reached the place Jade gasped. It was the river, but it was so pretty. There weren't so much trees there, so the moon and the stars were shinning so beautifully there. The river's water looked like another sky, it reflected the stars. It was the most beautiful thing she saw.

"This is where I go after training. It's really beautiful with the sunset too," James said.

"It's-It's... Stunning. It's just... Breathtaking!" Jade let out a gasp again. She touched the water with her feet, she was surprised that the water was really warm. Jade stepped in to the water.

Her eyes caught something on the ground

Her eyes caught something on the ground. It was a bag. "What's that?" She asked.

"Well... I thought we could go for a swim, it's like a thank you gift for helping me when I was sick," James said while pulling new shoes from the bag. Jade laughed.

"Thanks for showing me this, but I don't have a swimsuit to swim here," Jade said.

"I asked Mike to buy one when he went to town," he said.

Jade took the swimsuit and was surprised how it looked like it was made for her. 

"How is it exactly my size?" she asked.

"Well Mike may or may not have stolen your underwear to see your size."

"Oh my god, what the hell!" Jade was frustrated. 

"You can change behind that bush right there," James said while pointing to a bush near them.

When Jade finished changing her clothes, she saw that James was already swimming. He was swimming on his back with his eyes closed. His hair was black from the lighting this time, it's so interesting how his hair had a blue shade this morning.

 His hair was black from the lighting this time, it's so interesting how his hair had a blue shade this morning

James looked like he was completely relaxed. He was also a great swimmer, which made Jade a bit shy because she was not that good at swimming. Jade stepped in and soon she was swimming. Everything was beautiful and relaxing. Jade got tired soon and stepped out of the water. She saw James staring at her.

"Are you checking me out?" Jade said jokingly.

"No, but you're shaking like hell," he said.

It was true, Jade was really cold because she was wet. James stopped swimming and gave his hoodie to Jade.

"You really don't have to, you'll be cold yourself," Jade said.

"No, it's fine, have it."

They both sat on the ground and stared at the beautiful river.

"Thank you for taking care of me when I was sick. And thank you for getting me and Mike back together. And also thank you for doing those things even though I was a real jerk to you," James said.

"It's fine," Jade said.

"No it's not," James started to raise his voice. "I hit you, I was just really angry and I actually hit you. I can't believe I did that to you. I am so fucking sorry. I'm the worst person ever," James said and smashed his face in to his arms.

"Hey, hey, it's fine. You thought I was lying about using my powers, it was not your fault. It's fine, it really is,"  Jade said.

They sat in sweet silence until the sun rose. They came back then and slept for about an hour. Then everyone got up and started training again. 

Jade had no idea that something bad was going to happen that day.

A/N: Guess who published a chapter that wasn't meant to be published before this one? Yes, me. I rushed to post a new chapter because I wasn't home on Tuesday and I accidentally posted the upcoming part (17th). But there were not many views on it so I hope not many people know spoilers for the other part whoops. Did you like the chapter? Let me know in the comments ^-^