Chapter 14: Our History

"He's... fine!" Ms. Abino said while running test on Roby. "H-how?"

"It's what Devin and I created them as," Bryar replied. "With their systems programmed to help each other, they can save themselves and others from shutting down."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Did you not look at the Information hard drive? You and Roboto were multitasking robots. You could do anything from research, repairing damaged robots, and even sending information to different places."

"So we were basically the jack-of-all-trades kind of robots?" Roby asked while touching his half beaten up face.

"Yes. You two and Terri were all like that."

"Ms. Abino," I interrupted. "How come you were able to keep your hard drive?"

"Oh! For this moment, of course. B.O.T. told me that if the time was right, then I should tell you everything. However, with Sir CPU threatening me, I had to act as if I didn't know what was going on."

"So, in a way you were our messenger."

"It wasn't even Bryar that was sending you those messages. I heard you got a satellite, and although she told me what to message you about, I wrote whatever she wanted you to know."

"Enough talking," Bryar spoke. "We need some way to stop Sir CPU. He's taking innocent robots and is trying to shut them all down just because of them knowing something the public doesn't. He's brainwashing everyone, at this rate. Roboto, you have your camera, don't you?"

"Yes," he said confused. "But-"

"Record me."

"W-what?"

"Record me and show the public at City Hall what Sir CPU is doing to them. He's making them believe that killing innocent life that isn't mechanic is good. That's nothing like what we programmed everyone to be like."

Roby stood up and transformed. He got jammed a couple of times, but he was fine. He then floated into the air and became dormant while looking for his camera. When he finally fetched it out, he aimed the lenses to film Bryar.

"You ready?" he asked her.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she said. "Let's show this to everyone in the morning, shall we?"

*********************************************************

Early in the morning, the Solar Star began to rise from the horizon. 

Everything that I learned in just one month's time was incredible. My files all appeared at once on my screen, but I could still see the camera that were placed into my hand. I tightly held it as I stood in front of the City Hall.

Some robots had already begun to crowd around the stairs, and it made me a little tense. One of those civilians could be a spy for Sir CPU, but I wasn't gonna let them put me down. I looked to Roby and tried not to look at his busted parts.

"Got the recordings?" I asked.

"Well, you do," he smirked. "I'm not gonna keep all of my information to my hard drive. I can't trust it nowadays."

I sighed and looked down on everyone. Most of these people were possibly from many, many years ago, but they all didn't know it. After all, Sir CPU didn't let anyone who knew about humans live. I held up the camera and yelled boldly and strong.

"Robots of Mechtropolis!" I yelled. "You have all been taught lies about who you are. Those simple things being transported out of museum, classrooms, even your own homes are artifacts of the past!"

Confused looks ran throughout the crowd. I knew I had their full attention. 

"This is video footage of a being called a Cyborg. They are a mix between two races: Robot and Human. If you do not wish to see what I have to show, you may go, but what I have here is proof that we have been living under thousands and thousands of lives. Proof that some of us have been living in fear, and proof that there is another way to our life without being harmed."

No one moved. 

I took that as my signal and gave the camera to Roby. He transformed while his lenses shot out this light. It projected the video onto the white walls of the Hall, and the image of Bryar appeared. She had her brown eyes shining at us like glass and her black hair was stationary behind her. 

"Hello," she said under her mask. "My name is Bryar Oaka Terra, or B.O.T. for short. You may be wondering what I am. Well, I am a Cyborg. Part human and part robot. What is a human? They are these creatures that are like you on intellect, personality, and even appearances. They were the ones that created robots in the first place. Without us, none of you would be here on Mechtropolis. 

"Speaking of which, I know almost all of you didn't know that your planet was called 'Earth'. It was full of all these plants like giant, wooden structures called trees that stood up higher than your City Hall. It had grass like the grass on the planet now, but it carried these small plants called flowers. They were in many bright and beautiful colors, but pollution was the event that made them stop growing.

"That's where many of you come in. We needed help on trying to stop the pollution form continuing. There were already many starter robots that researched about the Earth with us humans and Cyborgs, but they didn't have any... emotion. 

"I, with many other long dead humans, decided to make you all more advanced. We gave you diverse names, personalities, and we even gave you all families. All of you helped us make our world of Earth a more clean environment, but someone didn't agree with our terms.

"His name was Conner Paul Ulysses, but many of you know him as Sir CPU."

A wave of gasps filled the crowd. Bryar continued.

"He killed many innocent humans, Cyborgs, and even other robots just to get his way. He ended up deleting files from everyone's database and told them lies of who they were. He captured and held those hostage that remembered who they were, and he still holds them captive.

"Do you all wish to live like this?" Her voice became higher in pitch for a short while and became a bit shaky. "To live in fear and trepidation the rest of your life? To be in the terror that your family could be shut down and never seen from ever again just because of one person not enjoying something they enjoy?"

This odd liquid began to leak from her eyes. I then felt myself becoming saddened. I took a deep breath and continued to watch her. Suddenly, she began to remove her mask. When it was completely off, it showed another part of her face. It looked like our voice enhancers, but in a pinkish shade.

"So I tell you this why?" she spoke. "Because I want to save you all from Sir CPU. Any move you make could end your life and programming. Don't believe anything I said? I will be at the local museum as this video is being shown to you all. I will show you the true horrors of the robot you call leader. We all have bad pasts, but we mustn't forget about all of them. They help us learn and improve our lives now. Thank you for listening."

And with that, the crowd was completely silent.