Ch. 2- First Day of Class

I feel like the unluckiest girl in the world.
Why, you ask? Well that's simple. Because, of all the classes that I could have been put in, I got stuck taking Potions with my father. There is nothing more awkward than being in a class that your dad teaches. I'm honestly not even sure if I should call him dad or Professor Snape like everyone else. This will definitely make for an interesting class to say the least. All things aside, I wonder what classes Draco has this year and I wonder if he has any classes with me. Since we're both in our sixth year at Hogwarts, I'm assuming that he might have at least one class with me. As exciting as that may seem, I am dreading the possibility.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I failed to realize the time

I was so lost in my thoughts that I failed to realize the time. I was late for class. Dad was not going to be happy.
I rushed to the potions dungeon classroom, hoping that I could sneak in without him noticing. I slowly tiptoed into room and proceeded to go to the only seat available. I lifted my head to make sure dad's back was still turned, when a familiar head of hair caught my eyes. An involuntary gasp escaped my lips when I realized Draco was the one who occupied the seat next to the only empty one.
I felt a moment of panicked intrusion, as a deep shade of red surged through my cheeks. I took a deep breath and walked to take my seat next to Draco. I was beginning to feel calm despite the close proximity Draco and I now shared. I bit my lip thoughtfully and lifted my head only to find my dad staring directly at me, his glare as menacing as always.

"Miss Athena, nice of you to finally join us."

I inhaled the awkward and thick air and closed my eyes. I'm going to be in so much trouble later. I took a deep breath. When I reopened my eyes, I simply mumbled my apology and got my parchment out to take notes.
As I set my parchment on the desk, I could feel Draco's eyes on me. Through the humiliation, it slipped my mind  that he was the one seated next me. I felt the blush in my cheeks rise again. I was breathless being so close to him. Draco laughed under his breath and smirked at me. I looked down at my parchment as my cheeks turned an even deeper shade of red.