Chapeter 2

I went home and my mom walked up to me and had 'the look.' She was mad. "Mackenzie, where were you? I thought you said you were going to the market?" She said flustered.
"Mom I didn't go." I said in annoyance.
"Well if it was busy I understand. But what were you doing than?"
"Was never going to go to the market. I went to a job interview."
"Ok why did you need to lie about it?"
"Because it was the FBI, in the BAU."
"You better not be telling me-"
"Mom I know that David Rossi is my dad. And I work with him now. You can't keep this a secret anymore."
"Your right, but why didn't you tell me?"
"Mom your always breathing down my neck about becoming a lawyer. What was I suppose to do?"
"Fine, your right. But tell him that I still have you, he can't take you away from me. "
"Mom I have to go do something."
"What is it? TELL ME, I AM YOUR MOTHER!!"
"Bye mom." I grabbed my things and I went to meet my realtor.
After I looked at a few apartments I found that I'm going to buy the 5th one since I really wanted to move out. I went around introducing myself to the neighbors on that floor. I came to the last one. "Hi, I'm-" I began to say.
"Mackenzie? How did you know where I lived?" Reid said in a happy shock.
"Spencer I didn't, I'm moving in here soon. Well not your apartment, I'm moving down the hall."
"Oh, ok sorry. Come in, please?" When I walked in it was so clean, for someone who is never home. "Sorry for the mess, I haven't been home much."
"What mess? There is no mess."
"Ok, I don't agree but ya. Sorry I'm socially awkward."
"It's fine, I am too. But I'm one of those who are a sassy socially awkward."
"I can tell. But hey to save the awkwardness, do you want to read a book with me?" He pointed to "The Narrative." I opened the book and saw a quote on the page. "Aww I love this quote, it's one of my favorites." I looked over to Spencer and he had tears in his eyes. "Hey you ok? Come here." I walked over to him and hugged him. "It's a long story, but thank you." At that point he had tears falling down his face. "Hey Spence. Having a hugging fest without me?"
"I-I guess so." He said sniffling.
"But why are you crying? Is it that book? Mackenzie was he going to read it to you?" He had a look on his face and seemed worried. "I guess, but I'm confused. Morgan do you want a hug?"
"Im going to leave before she starts hugging me. "
"But Morgan she gives better hugs than you." Spencer said with a smirk.
"Oh kid that hurt. Next you say that she is better than me."
"It's true. She is better than you, long shot."
"Spence you are really hurting me. I'm going to go before you kill me. Bye guys!"
"So Morgan you don't want a hug?" I yelled to him, but I didn't get an answer. "Hey, I think I'm going to go. I'm getting hungry. See you tomorrow, bye." He waved at me and I left. I was almost down to the first floor when my phone rang. "Hello, this is agent Mackenzie Rossi."
"Well hello I'm Dr. Spencer Reid. I would like to know if you would like to go and eat with me?"
"Ok Dr. that would be awesome. I'm still in the building. Meet me downstairs?"
"Turn around." I turned around and no one was there, so I turned back around. I screamed. "SPENCER, you scared the life out of me." I said catching my breath from nearly falling down the stairs.
"So sorry, I didn't- sorry." He said.
"It's fine, really it's just you scared me."
"No one is ever scared of me."
"I know."
"Are you that scared?"
"Why are you going to run away?"
"No, I'm going to stay with you all the time."
"Hey, do you want me to call my dad?"
"Why? What did I do? Crap, am I that stupid that I don't know what is happening?"
"Maybe, but you're not stupid. Here is his contact. And here is my finger tapping it, oh look it's ringing."
"Ya ya I got that." He started to look like the scared one here. "Hey dad, how's it going?" I stuck my tongue out at him and he just shock his head at me. "Hey Mackenzie what is it?" He asked.
"Well I have Spencer here and he wants to talk to you."
"He does? What's it about?"
"Me!"
"All good I hope, and if he thinks of having me do something for him. He is dead in my books." Spencer looked as if he would pass out. "Hey Rossi, um Mackenzie do I need to tell him?" I nodded, and smiled. "Tell him what you told me."
"Fine, um Rossi. Like I just told her. Um, that what you told me when we went into the hall when you found out she was your daughter. Also she said why are you going to run away? I said no I'm going to stay with you all the time."
"Ok why do I need to know this?"
"I don't know? I was told to do this. "
"Spence if I had learned a thing or two it is to lie. Did you lie? It sounds like it." I hung up the phone and ran out the building and got into my car. He started chasing after me but it was no use.