Chapter 31

When we got back to work everyone started going over theory's for what they have . We handed out the coffee and we sat down next to each other."So we know that she was strangled, and there was no witnesses. What did you guys get at the crime scene?"
"There was ripped paintings, and broken sculptures. Than where the body was there was a few drops of blood, it could be from the unsub."
"Alright, so they could have been in a fight and one ended up dead. Maybe something like the unsub wanted a certain painting and she couldn't give it to them so things got physical."
"That's possible." We talked about the crime scene for a bit, and went on to Morgan and JJ about the victims house."The house was clean and a lot of paintings. She liked art and was a healthy woman, there was a small workout room by the kitchen. It seemed as if there was something missing from that space and a some art missing off the walls."
"So the things the unsub wanted was at her house, and they wanted to get rid of her before entering the house to get the painting." We went back and forth all afternoon and when we finished started working on finding more. After a few hours we were told  they finished the autopsy so Spencer and I went over."Hello nice to see you again Dr. Reid! Who is this?"
"This is my partner Mackenzie Rossi."
"Oh it's in the blood to be cop than?" I looked at him and said,"I guess but it's only my dad and I. So what's going on with the vic?"
"She had high levels of drug intake in her."
"Do you know what kind?"
"Not really, but it could be something that we never heard of before."
"What makes you say that?"
"Well it seems she was dead longer than she appeared. The drug probably made her look more lively, but her insides were practically decomposing."
"So her skin was in a better state than the rest of her?"
"Yes, but I have cause of death! She must have had a pillow or a soft blanket over her head and caused her to lose air and end up like this."
"Is it possible that she killed her self and took the drugs?"
"I don't think so, they used a needle and if you look here-"he pointed to the inner part of her elbow and continued."See the needle was going towards her not away like if she did it herself."
"Ok thank you doctor!" Spencer and I left.  When we got back into the car Spencer looked at me and shook his head at me and smiled at me."What is it now?"
"You did all the talking! Why couldn't I talk?"
"Because you talk to much and people prefer my voice over yours!"
"Oh really? Is that what you think?"
"Oh ho ho ho it's a fact Bro!"
"Bro?"
"You're a dude right?"
"Dude?"
"Let's stop now! To work we go!" He laughed and started driving to the station. We got there and told them what we found out and got back to work. A officer from the station knock on the door and came in."The victims boyfriend just got back from vacation, do you want to talk to him?"
"Yes, thank you. Morgan and JJ can you go talk to him?" I wanted to go as well so I spoke up."Hey Hotch can I go too?"
"Um can you stay here and help us out?"
"Uh ya sure, I guess." JJ looked at me and was on her way.
The rest of the day was boring we didn't come up with anything yet, I found a few minor things but I'm waiting to say anything till someone else says something."Hey I got something, I started to look at phone records and I saw that she has been texting a man that goes by 'Tri'. They would be 'flirting' to threatening each other. This one conversation he said to her 'I'm going to kill you, even if it's the last thing I do! I hate your guts, never talk to me again!' She replied 'if you kill me how will it be the last thing you do?' He called her after that and that there was her last anything going on before she died."
"So we need to find this 'Tri' guy, he may be our killer!" I saw this was my chance to say what I got."I got something too. I was looking at purchases from the past month, and she has been traveling from Boston to Brookline very week. She would also go to a coffee shop every time and get TWO cups of coffee."
"So she could have been meeting the same guy. Let's talk to Garcia!" We called her and she didn't find anything on this guy so we used this number to call him and use it so Garcia could use that to find out who he is. Spencer and Hotch were sitting right next to me as I called this guy."Hello, what do you want?"
"Hello this is Mackenzie Rossi from the cafe'. I was told you would be here this week with the usual, are you still coming?"
"No my friend was killed! Can out not call this number again?"
"Yes, will do. I'm sorry about your friend, but hey can you come down to Boston?"
"Why should I come there?"
"Well we have some questions for you! If you don't we'll find you and question you!"
"You really had me fooled, well Mackenzie you better look better than I hope! I see you soon, bye bye!"
"Bye bye, come or I'll find you!(you don't want to know the rest!)"
"What was that?"
"Haha, see you for questioning." I hung up and I couldn't believe that first part worked! We called Garcia back and she gave us the name Jason Woods, he's a bartender at the tavern near the cafe' he would always go to with the vic.