Chapter 1: Asters

This is how I usually spend my afternoons now. Sitting under the giant mahogany tree in the middle of the park in my neighborhood.

     I grew up here. I made memories, and I'm really going to be sad when I have to leave to go to college next month.

"Hey."

     A voice snaps me out of my reminiscing. I know this voice it's husky yet gentle and super deep. It's the voice that has been helping me through life for the past two years.

"Hello." I say. Placing a finger in the book to keep my place. As I raise my head my eyes move from a black pair of Jordan 11's to a tan semi-pitted pants. As I continue to look up I see a fitted black shirt that encompasses a pair of biceps so perfectly. His hands are behind his back.

Why? But I know the answer to my own question.

     As I continue my scan, my eyes settle on a tan face that has a slightly open mouth that reveals a set of perfect teeth except for one small perfect imperfection. A crooked incisor on the left side of his mouth. I focus on it for a little while then focus on a pair of hazel eyes with a glint of gold.

     As I analyze his body. I see him then wave his hand in my face.

"Jade..... You're doing it again."

I shake my head a little so that I could focus.

"Can you blame me?" I say pouting. "I'm leaving in less than a month. I want to make sure I remember every single part of you."

"Every single part?" He says with that sensual smile that I have come to love.

"Well.....you know what I mean." My heart skips a beat. 

"HA!! It's good to know that I can still have that effect on you."

WOW! I think. After two years he still knows how to get those butterflies a'fluttering in my stomach.

      I notice his hands are still behind his back.

"So what you got behind your back?" I ask with a knowing smile on my face.

"Well, today is September 18. Soooo, you know what that means."

He then shows me his hands that are holding a bouquet of flowers. Asters to be exact, my birth month and also my favorite flowers. Ever since we started seeing each other he made it a tradition that in my birth month everyday closer to my actual birthday he would bring me flowers. They were always Asters. From September first he started. On the first he brought me one flower; second, two flowers; third, three flowers and it continues until the nineteenth which is my birthday.

"Thank You Jordan!." I say as he lifts me from under my mahogany tree and hands me the flowers. While standing he starts to speak.

"You have the biggest effect on my Jade. I just want you to know that. I truly want to spend the rest of my life with you. That's the reason why I gave you that." He touches the promise ring that he gave me about five months ago that holds my birthstone, Sapphire.

"I know." I look into those hazel eyes, then rest my head on his chest and listen to his heart beat. I know.