Chapter 8

"What class do you have now Leighton?" asked Samantha. She already finished packing her things, leaving her beautiful heart with dagger teeth jagging through it. The art was amazing and I have no idea why I even decided to take this course. I would've been better off with music.

"English," I replied, mentally shuddering at the thought of Chase. Again. Dirty minded perverted Chase.

"Are you serious? Same here!" she said happily. She held her hand up for a high five and I awkwardly slapped it. I swear that was only meant for the guys.

"Oh great. You guys get English and I have to go to stupid French. Holy, why was such a language invented?" he asked sadly. I stared at him for a few moments in disbelief. "What?"

It seems like Brett forgot the only thing he seemed to tell everybody for the past day. She's. From. Paris.

 I just stared at him as he looked back at me, confused. It's bound to get back to him... And I'm still waiting...

"Oh yeah! No offense to you, Leighton. I mean French, who wouldn't want to learn the language of love?" I rolled my eyes. It's not really. That's what everyone decides to call it. Just because something's foreign, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a good thing.

"Yeah, whatever Bretty. I'm going to take Leighton away before you embarrass yourself more. When we come back, you better be able to make non-offensive proper sentences, yah hear?" He nodded.

"Goodbye, Sammy. Goodbye Leighty!" He must've thought about what he said after it was spoken because he shook his head at himself.

"Sorry, that was lame. I meant.. Why must you have such a complicated name?" he asked.

Samantha pointed to the door. "Goodbye." Brett left the room and I started to pack up my things. I took one more look at my 'house' and just tried to get that mental image from my head. I don't want my bad art mark screwing up my average.

"Leighton, I should apologize for Brett."

"Don't need to be. I think that it's just the way he acts, no offense towards me." I threw my backpack over my shoulder and followed Samantha out of the classroom. She closed the door and turned off the lights and we started down towards English.

"Well if he goes a little too far at all, you either tell him or give him a little hit on the face. Trust me, it does the trick." I made a mental note of that. If Samantha gave me permission, I'll go for it.

"God dammit, do we have a seating plan for English?" I remembered my mistake yesterday; beside Chase and right in the front. Never again.

"I don't think so. At least I didn't remember our teacher writing anything down. Then again, I was staring at the desk too much to really notice."

"Introductions?" I nodded. And the utter embarrassment from Casey, I wanted to add, but decided to leave it out. I didn't want a pity party. I don't want Samantha to think of me as someone who takes that sort of stuff from others because I usually don't.

"That must've sucked. Who's in our class?" Like I'd remember.

"Casey and Chase," I told her the only two people I actually conversed with for the entire period. And they weren't even proper conversations!

"Shit," she mumbled.

"Language!" Another boy who was walking the opposite way glared at her.

"FUCK!" she said, a lot louder. I watched the two glared at each other for a second before hugging. “You stupid boy, how’ve you been?”

“You slut, thanks so freaking much for not coming to school yesterday. Holy, math class was a complete bore. We’ll skip that and catch up over ice cream today after school alright?”