Chapter 7

The lot turned out to be the parking lot. I should've suspected it. What else would it have been? I don't think many people would leave school property, since there was only 20 minutes of homeroom.

There were so many students ditching homeroom. They were either sitting inside the cars or on the hood. I'm assuming the ones that are inside are doing drugs or something but when I asked, they told me they were just trying not to get caught. Why not just go to class then?

I saw Casey and Destany sitting in a convertible off in the distance, with a group of jocks. I thought we were heading towards them, but we stopped at a pick up truck. I eyed it and Brett held his hands up defensively.

"Not all of our parents could afford Audi's for their children when they move to a different country," he said and hopped into the back. Bruin did the same and I tried to take tailgate off so I wouldn't have to jump as high. My height was short compared to the guys and the trunk.

"Here," I heard someone say and they removed the latch that I hadn't notice. I looked up to see a girl with a head of light blue hair that was tied in a ponytail. She had two piercings on her upper lip and she was someone that I would probably not want to hang out with. She was too goth-looking for me taste.

"Thanks," I mumbled and got on to the car. She followed and I looked to see if they were going to do anything about it.

"Hey Samantha!" They said and quickly fell into conversation with her. "Why weren't you here yesterday?"

"I was dying my hair. Oh my god, the lady forgot to bleach my hair so the blue wasn't noticable so we put like 7 more coats and now it just looks dead." She leaned against one of the sides.

"Oh, that's Leighton," Brett introduced. This time, he didn't mention Paris. Maybe he was finally over that.

"I got a call from Des who told me what happened. Hey, Leighton, I'm Samantha." She shook my hand and smiled nicely.

"You don't have to be scared of her," Brett told me. "She's one of us."

"As in, not like Casey and Destany. But they want her," said Bruin. "Not that they could get her. Samantha's one of a kind."

"As in I can kick their asses without a problem." There we go. My mother's advice rang in my head and I knew Samantha would a great girl friend.

"Now that, I would pay to see." Brett said. I wasn't sure whether he was joking or not.

"Why pay, when I can do it to Bruin for free?" She pretended to karate-kick his butt and he faked pain.

"Samantha, stop being such a whore. And a little tip for you, the boy goes on top. I couldn't even tell. Were you working out again this summer?" I turned around and saw Lilly. Why was she even here?

"Destany called yesterday. Did you know that she's planning to replace you? Go run along to your little friend, you follower." She turned her back on Lilly and ignored whatever comment she was trying to make come out of her mouth. It just sounded like gibberish.

"Call me a whore, will ya... Stupid girl," Samantha mumbled under her breath. "So which classes do you have this year?" she asked louder.

"Same thing as Bruin."

"I have the same as Brett."

Very, very descriptive. I wasn't sure whether they were kidding or not because Brett and Bruin weren't in the same French class.

"But they're all at a different time. Like everything but our History class. But you have Art with me and Leighton," said Brett. "Which should be starting in like 5 minutes. Warning, you do not want to sit with Leighton during Art. Her... amazing-ness will just blow your mind away."