Chapter 4

After the bell rang, I headed over to my locker. Luckily, I remember to turn the dial the opposite way of how I was used to it. I opened it without a problem. Brett already headed over to his class, which meant I was going to have to go alone.

I saw Destany and walked straight, hoping that she wouldn't catch my eye. No such luck. She waved over at me, and doing the only polite thing I could think of, I waved back.

"Hey Leighton! How are you!" She acted as if she never lied to me and pretended to be such a nice girl when she was nothing but a Casey. Well she was worse than a Casey, but maybe she changed. Hopefully.

"Oh great. Just heading to class." I smiled weakly and tried to step away from her, but she blocked my path.

"What class do you have?" she asked. "I have Math." I memorized parts of it, for today at least, so I wouldn't have to carry that paper around everywhere I went. I knew that I had Math.

"Oh..." I dug into my bag to look for a paper that wasn't there. "I think I have French..." I walked away. I knew I was going to have to get into the Math class, but I didn't want to run into Casey, just in case she accuses me of stealing her friend or something. I want to have friends, but I don't want to have to do it the hard way.

"Well bye." She said, dropping her poliet act. I quickly took the stairs 2 to get up, and walked around so that I made it to my Math class. The bell already rang by the time I got into my classroom, but luckily, the teacher wasn't there yet.

I sat down, hoping to avoid Destany's gaze, but I could practically feel her staring at my back. I ignored it, and when the teacher came in, some students tsked him.

"Oh Mr. Flub, why so late?" They asked and snickered. To be honest, he was a little on the heavy side. He was a balding man, with a very tight shirt, or a lot of things to hide. But calling him Mr. Flub was a little rude.

"Oh whatever." He rolled his eyes and seemed unharmed by that comment. I realized that he was one of those cool teachers who let you go away with anything. That's great, considering how Math is my least favourite subject.

"Now today class, we won't have introductions with the class. Some people are boring, and I don't want to put everybody in pain. Instead I'll make you write them! I know, not English and all, but at least we don't have to listen. I'll take each one and hopefully get to learn something new about each and every one of you." A lot of students groaned. I guess this wasn't going to make the first day any better.

"Before the new students hate me," He looked at me and some others. "I will allow you to sit wherever you like. You can sit in a group with your friends. So basically, I'm giving you this as a free time oppurtunity." He smiled and turned to get some paper for each of us, letting all of us move where we felt like. This sucks, considering Brett isn't in my class, and Destany was.

"Hey!" she said happily and dragged her chair towards my table.

"Hi." I waited for the teacher to hand out the papers. He quickly zoomed by most people, but stopped a little extra when he came to me.

"Hello. I heard that you're Leighton and you're new. I'm Mr. Carl. Pleased to meet you." He smiled and walked away. Even if he was fatter than a lot of teachers I saw at this school, he has got to be one of the nicest.

"Total dyke." said Destany. I looked at her like she was crazy or something. "Gay. Mr. Carl used to date the gym teacher, you know!" I shook my head. "Well that's just gross. I think they stopped the gym teacher from coming back here. That's just totally disgusting." She rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, how about you tell me a little about yourself!" She said brightly. I'm certain that she didn't forget that I was supposed to be in French, but I guess she just chose to ignore it.

"Actually, I want to know about you!" I exlaimed and surprisingly sounded like I was geniunely interested. I was sort of, to find things out about her lying. I guess I'm just too chicken to confront it.

"Oh really?" she said in surprise. 'No. I want to tell you my life story, which is why I need to know about you, first.' I was tempted to say, but of course didn't. Why was she so nice.

"Well as you know, Carrie's the name. I was born and raised here. I love singing, and I guess that's like a way to express myself. My parents were always rude to me as a child and basically wished that I would die. Now they know that I won't be leaving anytime soon, after Child Support was used on me. And yeah..." She looked down, like a moment of silence time. I guess I felt bad for her.

Then I remembered this was all fake. This was supposed to get me to her.

"So... Carrie. Do you ever get called a different name?" I asked and she shook her head. But like all the awesome cliche movies, a guy walked up to her. At least I didn't have to talk to her anymore.

"Hey Dest. You coming bowling next weekend?" Caught red handed. She pretended he wasn't talking to her, but he just kept trying to get an answer. "Yo. Destany, are you listening to me?" he nudged her and she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever! Now Tyler, leave." She turned her back and pretended that nothing happened.

"Yeah. Destany, not buying it."

"Whatever. Carrie was a made up character anyways. Just stay away from Brett." She turned around and tossed her hair at me.

-------

Sorry. Kind of stupid, and SOO long before last update. Anyways, hope you enjoyed, VOTE COMMENT FAN.

BTW IF YOU READ MY OTHER STORIES, TELL ME WHICH ONE YOU WANT ME TO UPDATE THE MOST. I WILL DO THIS ONE, SO PICK 3 OTHER ONES.