18] Flashbacks

I know you've all waited too long and I'm extremely sorry. My laptop broke down so things have been a little hectic trying to repair it and alot of other things. A whole bunch of other stuff too, but I'm sure you wouldn't be bothered to read that so let's just continue xD

I will be updating again in a few days. I know you've all forgotten how the story even went or that this book even existed and I can't stress how sorry I am. Please don't forget I'm still quite young and all writers have a busy life outside wattpad. Well I wouldn't really give myself the name as a writer since eh I'm not that good, but you get the point xD

Little recap:
With a talk from Frypan, Rosa goes to where all the keepers are meeting for a 'gathering', where she waits and listens outside to hear what is happening. They are all deciding what job she is going to get, in which she hopes to be a runner with a slight downside of it being merely impossible. The keepers find themselves in an argument, ending with Frypan stating that she can never be a runner because she is a girl. As a result, Rosa runs into the maze (like the savage she is) but everyone is too late to stop her. There is then a point of view of a certain someone working for WICKED - two previous chapters.

.

.

.

I couldn't believe her. I could not believe here. I was meant to be part of this all along and she never told me. Nobody told me anything. How could she do this? How could she not tell me that I was apart of this 'phase two' and give me no warning? It was ridiculous! Absolutely ridiculous! The news felt as though I was hit by a truck of bricks, minus the death part.

...or maybe not minus the death part.

At that thought, my body instantly went rigid.

"What do you mean you're changing things?" I cried helplessly.

This was absolutely horrific. I wasn't prepared - mentally and physically. This was never part of the plan, this was never supposed to happen. What is this for? Is this because that girl ran into the maze?

"I'm sorry. But this is the only way." Ava said without any emotion evident on her face. Her stare was blank and cold, as if she wasn't even a real human with a heart. She was just like a lifeless body.

This angered me; she didn't care about anyone. Absolutely nobody. She was sick and twisted in all sorrs of ways.
She knew. Ava knew this decision was completely insane and utterly despicable.

Her mind worked like a monster; she was a monster.

"There's no other way?" My lips trembled, not wanting for her to answer.

She shook her head as her face remained emotionless. Her eyes devoured me as if I was nothing - as if I was just a pawn in this stupid world. I wanted to strangle her desperately as my hands balled into tight fists.

"Don't try anything, we know your every move." She spoke.

And I hated that fact.

"There has to be another option!" I pleaded but she wouldn't hear it.

This could not be the only way. This was a ridiculous thing to think of. There were a million other people here, so why not chose them? Why me? Why me after everything I did for her?