CHAPTER -02

I staggered back seeing those well known pair of piercing eyes. He was wearing rugged jeans and a fitting tee which showed his well toned  body and his biceps which all the girls basically worshiped. His face was molded with anger due to my sucker punch even though I was the one suffering from pain.

'Whoever is up there,please help me from this freak'.I prayed silently.

"What are you staring at nik-" Mikhail stopped mid sentence when he saw who I was staring at. Relief washed over me when I heard Mikhail's voice beside me.

"Oh well! the knight in shining armour has come to save his sister".

"What do you want Luke?" Mikhail asked masking his anger.

Yes he was none other than Luke Raven,the most egoistic,arrogant badass of high school. And to describe him more precisely, he is the bully of innocent and nerdy people in school including me.
Luke as I remember was arrogant from his childhood days because of his celebrity parents.
His mom is a famous model and his dad a renowned football player which made him even more popular.

Anyways,coming back to the present,Mikhail and Luke was shooting daggers at each other.
I slowly laid my hand on Mikhail's shoulder,making him come out of the intense staring competition he and Luke were into. He turned and gave me a reassuring look.

"Damn I forgot what I came here for" Luke said ,breaking the
silence.

"And what is it you came here  for?" Mikhail snapped back.

"Patience buddy,I came to say  that our game has been postponed due to the county fair."

I blinked in confusion and looked at my brother who went stiff.
Mikhail Sinha was playing with Luke Raven? What in the world is going on here? As long as I remember my brother and Luke were dead rivals.

"What is he taking about?" I asked with a confused look in my face.

"It's nothing Nikki,forget it" he said running his hands through his hair.

Oh well, now I got to know that he was hiding something from me. He usually does that gesture when he's nervous or trying to lie.

"Am I missing something  here" I asked him slightly raising my voice.
Meanwhile hearing all the chaos outside ,my mom intervened.

"Are you all Mikhail's friends?"she asked smiling at Luke,pointing to the gang behind him.

"Yes mam,but more precisely to say,we're Nikki's friends and I am Luke".

"Nikki why didn't you invite them inside?" My mom scowled at me.

"There's no need to invite this bastard" Mikhail interrupted.

"Mind your language young man" my mom scowled at him.

I glanced at Luke to see him giving a woebegone expression for my brother's statement.

"Please don't scold him mam,it's not a big deal. I was just nice to them but,all I get in return is a punch from your daughter and cursings from your son". He said pulling off an innocent look.
"Shoot" I muttered under my breath.

"Oh darling,I am sorry on behalf of my kids and please call me Neha".Luke nodded in response.

"And Mikhail "she said turning to him "apologise to Luke".

"But mom"- Mikhail started only to be interrupted by my mom again.

"Just do what I said and even you Nikki" she said facing me.

'That evil Son of a bit*h' I groaned mentally. Seriously he can bag off some award for his sophistry skills.

"My apologies" Mikhail said swiftly and went inside.

"I am sorry" I added quickly.

Luke left after  complementing my mom about how young she looks and some other crap.

After all that drama mom dragged me inside and asked me to explain about the punch.

After telling her the whole story,she gave me a disapproving look and asked me meet her in her room after few hours. Which means I was about to get 'the talk'.
Mom got worked up when it came to manners,discipline and stuff like that.

I ranted the whole scenario which took place out there with Luke to Bree and started cursing him with all the possible words I came up with.

After hearing me completely,Bree gave me a blank look.

"He's Luke ,you can't change him.
He's just being his own self".

"Are you defending him Bree?" I asked completely taken aback.

"It's not like I am defending him, I'm just voicing the truth"
I gave her a,are-you-out-of- your-mind look. She just shrugged in response.

Realisation hit me and then I blurted it out to her.

"Am I missing something Bree? Are you developing a crush on Luke or something?"

That's crap Nikki! you know I hate him. Look seriously you just messed with a guy who's damn popular and in the do-not-mess-with  list,what else do you expect from your arrogant bully. She quoted her hands for the bully word. But Bree had a point. She was right.

"Ok Nikki forget about that ass. There's nothing we could do about it. But I have an idea that may change your life." She said with a sly grin lighting up her face,again quoting the word may.

"No..no this is so not right..." I mumbled.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

WELL I THOUGHT OF SPLITTING UP THIS CHAPTER INTO TWO AND THAT'S THE REASON THIS CHAPTER IS KIND OF SHORT.
AND MY APOLOGIES FOR THE LATE UPDATE. YOU SEE,LIFE KEEPS GETTING IN THE WAY AND SOMEHOW ALL ARE PLANS ARE REARRANGED:P.

YOU GUSSED RIGHT I STOLE THAT LINE FROM 'I GOTTA GO MY OWN WAY' FROM HSM :P

ANYWAY GUYS DONT FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES.

LOVE AND HUGS♥♥♥♥