Chapter 10

A/N: it's been so long and I'm sorry. But I met Lana again for the second time and it was amazing. Anyway I love you all and thanks for reading.

I couldn't wait to talk to my mom this morning. I just wanted to see if I could get her to tell me about their date last night.

She's never been one to sleep in late. She basically forced me to wake up so early I could never sleep in either. It's not surprising that I woke up at 8am on a Sunday morning.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then headed downstairs to get see what mom was making for breakfast. Only, she wasn't down there.

"Mom?"

I went back up to her room to check on her. Hopefully she isn't feeling sick. I lightly knocked on her door before pushing it open.

She definitely wasn't sick.

What I saw was her lying on her side with Emma's arm around her.

I backed up and gently closed the door. I'm surprised I didn't slam it with all the excitement running through my body. It's weird that Emma stayed the night. No one has ever even been in my moms bedroom let alone staying over.

I ran down the stairs. Quietly of course.

Maybe I should make them breakfast? I look through the cupboards. I'm 12 so obviously my cooking skills are limited. But I know how to make eggs and toast without messing it up.

I was in the middle cooking scrambled eggs when I heard someone coming down the stairs. There were footsteps of two people.

"I'm in the kitchen and I'm making us all breakfast." I yelled.

"You're cooking?" My mom asked.

I turned around and saw both of them. My mom was standing by the counter and Emma was standing in the doorway.

"Well I came to check on you this morning because I was worried that you weren't up before me. I saw that Emma was here so I thought I'd surprise you both."

Neither spoke but they smiled.

"I don't know how to make coffee though." I shrugged.

Emma and my mom both sat down in chairs at the bar. I saw them smile at each other from the corner of my eye while I was turning back to the food on the stove.

"You're really growing up Henry." Mom said.

"You always cook for me, so." I shrugged.

Regina's POV

Here I am in my kitchen, on a Sunday normal Sunday morning. Except it isn't normal. Henry is cooking and Emma is wearing pajamas sitting next to me at the island. She's wearing my pajamas.

Henry placed a plate in front of me and a plate in front of Emma. Both plates had scrambled eggs, wheat toast, and a few pieces of mixed fruit. I never thought if Henry had the choice of what to make for breakfast that he'd make something actually healthy.

Emma smiled at her plate. She was always excited for food no matter what it was she was eating.

"It look delicious Henry. Come sit down with us." I smiled at his glowing face. He's proud of himself.

We ate in silence. Our meal didn't last long, they never do, since Henry eats like someone is going to steal all of the food sitting in front of him. Something I've noticed Emma does as well. I was barely half way done when they both set down their forks and sat back in their chairs.

"I'm gonna go shower." Henry said hoping down from his seat.

I continued eating but noticed Emma watching me. "Why are you staring?"

"I'm not staring." Emma shook her head.

I chuckled at the girl as she stared at the plate in front of her. I took the last bite of food and then turned in my chair to face Emma. Her eyes rose from her plate and her face turned toward me with a questioning look.

"Thank you for staying last night." I smiled. She reached her hand up to put a piece of hair behind my ear. I leaned forward to capture her lips in a kiss.

It felt nice to do this. To kiss her. If this is what normal was, I want to be normal. I want to be able to kiss her anytime I want to.

I opened my eyes to find Emma with a huge smile. "What?" I asked. "I think I'm still getting over the shock of you kissing me." She joked. I placed my lips on hers again. "Well, get used to it." I said before kissing her nose.

"Also. I'm glad I stayed last night too." She said. "But I don't want to intrude on your day and should probably head home." Emma moved off her chair and started toward the stairs. Before she could get far I grabbed her by the wrist.

"Wait Emma." I paused. "Stay." She stopped and turned to face me. "You want me to stay? Are you sure?" She questioned. I nodded my head and she smiled. "I will stay. But only if I can get out of these clothes." She blushed. "Shit. That probably sounded bad. Shit I'm sorry Regina." I swear I haven't laughed so hard before. "I will get you a change of clothes. Follow me."

This afternoon was amazing. Emma spent the whole day with Henry and I. I wasn't able to stop smiling.
Emma borrowed a pair of yoga pants and an old t-shirt to lounge around the house in. As of this morning, it officially the greatest thing I've ever seen her in.
We watched a couple of movies and talked in between. Henry and Emma played a video game together while sitting at my feet. Before we knew it the whole day had passed and it was time for dinner.
I didn't feel like cooking so we all took a walk to Granny's and ate there together. After dinner we walked back to our house and Henry went off to get ready for bed.

"I've had a really amazing day Regina." Emma said. She's sitting at the counter in the kitchen, sipping on some hot chocolate.

"I don't think I've ever smiled this much." I admitted, shrugging my shoulders.

"I hope you continue to keep smiling like this because your smile is beautiful." Emma said.

We both stayed silent letting the day sink in.

"I should go now." The blonde said.

"I should be heading off to bed soon." I said.

Emma and I both stood up watching each move the other was making. We stood in front of each other, eye grazing skin. It was Emma who reached out to touch me first. Her hand was perfectly placed on my shoulder when she pulled me into a hug. Yes we've kissed but this was powerful. It said more than the stolen kisses.

We pulled back and stared into each other's eyes. I moved my hand up Emma's whole neck and landed on her cheek. I traced her cheek bone, then her nose, and then her lips with my finger tips. "I will see you soon okay?" She whispered. I placed a kiss on her lips. A hard kiss. "Later Regina." She said before she was out of the door.

I stood there smiling like a teenager.

"So will you talk to me about what's going on with you two now?" Henry said surprising me.

"You saw that?" I asked and he nodded.

"I guess we have to talk." I chuckled.