Loki's True Parentage

"We should never have let him go," Volstagg said, concerned about Thor.

"There was no stopping him." Sif joined along with Volstagg.

"Well, at least he's only banished not dead." Fandral butted in. "Which is what we'd all be if that guard hadn't told Odin where we'd gone."

Loki looked down at the hand that was touched by the Frost Giant. He was shaking. Scared. Afraid. To know what he was. He wasn't Asgardian. I grabbed his hand and looked at him. His eyes made contact with mine and I let the sensation of calmness pulse through his veins. 

"How did the guard even know?" Volstagg asked. I let go of his hand. Making sure that all the calmness from me went to him. I knew how he felt, to know that you were lied to about where you were from. 

"I told him." Loki said in his deep raspy voice.

"What?" Fandral said. 

"I told him to go to Odin after we'd left. He should be flogged for taking so long."Everyone looked at him. "What took him so long we should have never reached Jotunheim."

"You told the guard?" Volstagg raised his voice at Loki. 

"I saved our lives. And Thor's." He stated matter-of-factly. "I had no idea father would banish him for what he did." He stopped fidgeting with his hands and put them in front of him. 

"Loki." Sif stood up quickly and pranced towards Loki and I. "Ase, you must go to the All-father and convince him to change his mind"

And if I do, then what? We love Thor more dearly than any of you, but you know what he is. He's arrogant. He's reckless. He's dangerous.  You saw how he was today. Is that what Asgard needs from its king?" Loki walked away from the group. He didn't say another word. He was angered. 

"He may speak of the good of Asgard, but he's always been jealous of Thor." Sif said.

"Don't speak of Loki in that tone. He is brother of Thor your soon to be king. Don't speak of that matter. " I hissed at her. I walk out of the room the same way Loki did. He was headed towards the weapons vault. I followed behind him making sure that he didn't see me. He turned the corner with great speed. My feet pattered on the ground to catch up with Loki. I didn't want to lose him. 

When I turned the corner he was no longer there on the long stretch of hallway that leads towards the weapons vault. I glanced around to see no one there, not one single guard. I continued walking when I got pushed inside a room by an unknown figure. It's arm slithered around my waist. I was now pushed into a room with a stranger, but the coolness of the fingers triggered a memory.

"Loki?" I asked with a tone

"Ase." He sounded relieved. "I thought you were Volstagg, or Sif following me, but I'm glad that it is you." 

"You should be glad it was me, Volstagg or Sif would not tolerate you pushing them into unknown room in the dark with your hand around their waist." I looked at him and smirked. He knew I was right. He didn't say anything. 

He nodded his head for me to follow. We walked towards the weapons vault yet again. He opened the door and let me through. All the weapons that Odin has collected over the years are in this one room. He followed in right behind me. He headed straight for the artifact that the All father had collected from Jotunheim many eons ago. He gazed into the heirloom. He finally wiggled his hand into the handles and picked it up. 

"Stop!" Odin yelled. I could recognize his yell from anywhere. Loki froze. 

"Am I cursed?" Loki asked. I felt my heart break for him. He was a Frost Giant. He hadn't figured it out. Odin was lying about another persons true parentage. Not surprised. He was always a lying bastard.