The Truth

Loki was looking out of the window while sitting on the bed that was embroiled with green and gold. The window was cracked open the slightest bit so that the wind could come in and cool off the heated room.

His has now glanced at the hand that the Frost Giant had grabbed and turned blue.

I was in the doorway and the door was now shut. I eyed Loki to make sure that he was okay to approach. I took one slight step and the floor creaked the slightest bit. His head snapped up and his eyes were glazed with worry. His eyes noticeably relaxed when he noticed it was me.

I walked over to the side of the bed I made sure that I wasn't too close to him. I was at least four feet away from him at the time.

He patted the bed to himself signaling that I could scoot over. I took his signal and moved towards him. Not much space was left behind the both of us. It was comfortable though not too awkward.

"How do you feel, Loki?" I asked him even know he knew how he felt.

"What did you mean when Odin said I was his son and you responded with then I am your daughter?" He was asking about my true parentage and I knew he was going to ask me about what I let slip. He was a clever one.

I wasn't prepared to tell him even if I knew he was going to ask.

"Do you know the famous story of Odin's Father and him defeating the Dark Elves?" I looked up to his eyes and I saw confusion.

The breeze sent shivers down my spine. It felt good to be cool in his presence.

"Yeah, Odin used to tell that for a story at bedtime," He said recalling the memory and a small smirked rested on his face. When he remembered Odin his face returned stone cold.

"He said that he killed off the entire race, yes?" I looked at him. The breeze pushed a piece of hair onto my cheek.

Loki noticed the piece of hair that was moved by the wind. His hand snaked from his own grasped and made its way to my cheek. As soon as his hand made contact with my skin the coolness crept its way onto my skin.

It felt ravishing. His hand felt right there. I was never going to admit that to him.

His hand went back into his own after that.

"Well, he didn't defeat the entire race per say." I looked down at him. I continued with the story so that I would be able to tell him without regret. "Some of them escaped, not all! Women and children were aboard the ships first. They were scattered across the Nine Realms my Mother landed God knows not where. Might have been Midgard before the all the humans were smart and evolved. She landed there and some of the Elves took off to find shelter, but my mom stayed and talked to some of the other humans residing there. She took a liking to one. Never knew why. She never had the time to tell me. She died a little while after I was born. He and my Mother conceived me. "

I looked at him and his facial expression told me to continue on.

"Not awhile after that Odin took me in. It was a lot of time after the war passed. There was a war on that planet that we landed on, having to do with the Kree Nation. Don't count me on that. That was a few years before he took you in. He must have a liking to poor lost children having no way home, or family to take care of them."

"Why do you pertain these powers then, Ase?" He said that not even concerning that I have lied to him the whole time I have laid eyes on him.

I was loyal to him and I hated lying to him but I always felt like I had to, then I figured out that he was like me to.

"Honestly, I don't know. Being a Dark Elf must have a different affect on me since my Father was human, making me half Dark Elf and Midgardian." I scanned the room. I didn't want to make eye contact with Loki. He was probably furious at me for lying.

"Are you not made, Loki?" I said making eye contact with him.

His eyes softened with the look at me.

"How could I. You have always been my loyal companion and I hope that you always will be Ase. I am upset that you did not tell me sooner. Did you not trust me?" He sounded very sad at the last question.

"Dear God, Loki, No! I always felt like an outcast like I never belong here in this realm."

"Well, now we both don't fit together on this wretched realm. Nothing that foolish would lead me to despise you, Ase" He was grateful that I had confided to him. It was washing off of him like an ocean.

My eyes scanned him with relief that he wouldn't think me of the monster I knew I was.

I moved closer to him and engulfed him into a hug. The coolness of the leather made me feel at him. He nuzzled his head into my neck involuntarily.

"Come on, we have a kingdom to rule," He let go of me and got up swiftly we exited the dark room that smelled of Loki and the only thing you could hear was the pitter patter of our feet as we made it to our next destination.