Chapter 18: Awesome

"You're ready? Once we do this there is no going back." I whispered to Alex.

"I'm not ready but I need to do this so let's go." She said nervously.

"Ok. Mrs. Harper can I go to the bathroom?" I said while raising me hand.

"Be back in five." She said and turned around to continue writing on the board.

I quickly got up and took Alex hand in mine and we just walked out of the classroom. I told the kids in our class to not tell Mrs. Harper or I'll beat the shit out of them so I'm guessing they won't snitch. Alex and I waited just outside of the school exit.

"What time is it?" Alex asked.

I glanced at my phone and replied. "2:59. They should be out any second."

A few moments passed and the bell rang, signaling the end of the day and students rushed to the exit.

"Ok let's just do it." I said.

"Ok."

I grabbed Alex by the waist and pulled her in for a kiss.

The kids who were walking towards the exit spotted us and whispers were heard, pictures were taken and even some laughs and gasps. We kissed for about 5 minutes maybe even more and eventually everyone went home and I knew we were in for a lot of staring and questions tomorrow.

I pulled away from the kiss and rested my forehead against Alex's but she kept her eyes closed.

"Is it over? Did we do it? Is it over? She asked nervously.

"It's over, you can open your eyes now." I said with a chuckle.

She opened her eyes and looked around, only seeing a few students walk by.

"That was so scary." She sighed.

"Yeah but at least now we don't have to hide anymore."

"Yeah I guess. Let's go home." She said and pecked my lips.

I nodded and we started our way to the parking lot. Even then we saw kids staring at us, some with mocking looks and some with adoration for what we did. Soon enough we were at Alex's house.

"Hey Alex, hello Tobin." Her mom greeted us with a smile.

"Hi Mrs. Morgan." I said.

"Mom can we talk to you for a sec?" Alex asked.

"Sure." Her mom replied.

I looked at Alex with a questioning look because I didn't know what was this about.

"Well mom, I'm gay and Tobin is my girlfriend." Alex said casually as if she was saying she was going to the grocery store.

My eyes widen and I turned to her giving her a 'What the fuck Alex??' look.

"Are you happy?" Her mom asked.

"Yes. I'm really happy." Alex said, glancing at me and smiling.

"Well then that's all that matters." Mrs. Morgan smiled and went back to the kitchen.

"Want to watch a movie?" Alex said as if nothing happened.

"Um Alex, can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Sure, let's go to my room."

As soon as the door was shut I started talking.

"What the fuck Alex??" I whisper yelled.

"What?"

"Why didn't you at least give me a warning before you outed us to your mom?"

"I'm sorry I just thought..."

"Why didn't you at least ask me or something?"

"I'm sorry." She said quietly, looking at the ground.

"It's ok just don't do it again ok?" I said with a chuckle as I moved forward to hug her.

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too." I said and kissed her.

The next day I got up for school in the morning and went to pick up Alex. We arrived at school and sure enough, almost everyone in the hallway was looking at us.

"So are you like... Gay?" Some kid asked.

"Yeah." Alex replied.

"Awesome." He said and stared at us with adoration.

"You know what? It is awesome. No one should be scared or afraid to be who they are." I said and suddenly we heard a cheer from our fellow students.

"Good for you!" Some girl yelled.

"Good for us." I said as I intertwined my hand with Alex's and brought her's up to my lips to give it a loving kiss. "Let's get to class." I said.

"Let's go."

Word count: 709

Song for this chapter: San Holo - We Rise

A/N: Another chapter! Yay! Hope you liked it.
Vote, comment, follow and whatever.

Peace! ✌️

~KarmyArmy